“New rooms, underrated hotel, great amenities.”

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I like this hotel. Nice new rooms, hot tub, swimming pool, fitness center, onsite restaurant that always serves great food including a very good breakfast. Location is in North Surrey just off Highway One, easy access to Guildford Shopping Center. Skytrain is not close, but the bus that takes you there is on the same street. I recommend this place and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms always recommended. Stay clear of conventions as elevators tend to be slow. South facin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank yvrtravelguy
John_Kearns, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear yvrtravelguy,

Thank you for your recent review and your comments about the suite temperature. All our thermostats are preset to a range of 18C to 22C for both heating and cooling. This is mainly for energy efficiency. If you do find the suite temperature either too hot or too cold, you can call the front desk and we will send someone to investigate the matter. We will solve it at that time. We are going to look into the settings for spring and summer season with our south facing rooms to ensure that the rooms are cool when our guests arrive.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

A comfortable stay with our youth team. Rooms were comfortable and clean with supportive beds great location with amenities close by. Staff were friendly and willing to help. The boys enjoyed the room service breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 523sunandmoon

Dear 523sunandmoon,

I appreciate hearing from parents and sports team participants, and in particular comments concerning our sports breakfast. We are currently modifying our sports breakfast to better meet the needs of athletes and coaches. We are very delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Surrey.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Guildford for two nights. The room and the bed were very comfortable and clean. The staff was very pleasant and helpful whether it was staff in the restaurant, housekeeping or the valet. We had some difficulty understanding a couple of the people at the front desk, but there were a couple of others who were very helpful. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and we would be happy to stay at the Sheraton Guildford again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear JLWells,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with your experience with our front desk staff. I apologize for the difficulties in the communication with our front office team. I was wondering, if you have the time, you could email me and let me know what improvements can be made. It would help us greatly. My email is john.kearns@sheratonguildford.com

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We recently stayed here for a hockey tournament in Maple Ridge. There were a number of teams staying at the hotel yet it was very quiet. We were never disturbed by noise. Beds were comfortable and room amenities very good. This hotel exceeded my expectations after a few other recent hotel stays in overpriced properties. They hosted a sports breakfast in a conference room for the various teams. This was a great idea so the kids good have a good breakfast before the game. There was some complaining on our team about the breakfast. I thought it was okay. They could probably add a few things to make it great. Staff were excellent - all very friendly and accommodation. Overall, we were very impressed. So much so, we're going back to stay for another tournament in a few weeks time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
John_Kearns, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for posting a fantastic comment! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. I appreciate your comments concerning our breakfast offer and would like to discuss your thoughts on improving our team breakfast when you are back the next trip. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Wow... I travel at least 4-5 times a year and this Sheraton has given me the least favourable visit. I just came back from the Sheraton at Niagara Falls and that was a nice experience. I have stayed at Fairmont / holiday inn / Sutton Place / Hilton! Never have I had an experience like this hotel.

Started with booking. A nightmare won't even go into that. Prepaid for room ($750) got to Hotel and that wanted another $250 for incidentals for my 5 night stay. Came back down and gave them credit card and they pre auth'd $100. Got into room no fridge... And what I can only assume was a little blood on the side of shower. Spent the first 2 days in training so not much time in room. Got back to relax a bit after 3rd day and went to rent a movie... Wouldn't let me... Phoned front desk and now they want another $150 to rent a $15 movie!!!!

I still have 2 more nights here! If I hadn't had to prepay to get a lower rate I would switch hotels!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I apologize that our front desk was not responsive to your needs. We have taken this experience off line for discussion with you. I trust that our Guest Service Manager, Damond has addressed your concerns with credit card requirements for incidentals as well as our offer of settlement with respect to cleanliness of your room. We are sorry that you have had such a poor first impression of our hotel and hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised. We booked and received a corner King suite which had a mountain view There was still some snow on the mountain tops so when the clouds cleared it was nice to see the snow. The room was very good size with a little couch which can open up to a bed for an extra person if needed. The king bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was tub/shower combo with the shower rod that bows out so you feel like you have a little more room in the shower. I wish all hotels would do this when they have this type of tub/shower combo! There was only one sink and the bathroom was a bit small, but it was very clean. The tile in the shower was sparkling it was so clean. The wifi was OK, but when trying to use it for work, I kept having to get reconnected as it was a bit slow at times.

Everyone from the hotel that we met either in the lobby or the front desk or even the maids were very nice and always friendly.

I would definately stay there again when in the area. Also, the restaurant in the lobby is pretty good for dinner. I had the salmon the first evening and it was really delicious!

Room Tip: Choose the corner king suite for a slightly bigger room. Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your post. On a clear day it is certainly a beautiful view of the Coastal Mountains from Whistler to Mount Baker! I appreciate your observations concerning our hotel rooms and thank you for your feedback on our new free wifi. We are testing a new higher bandwidth and believe that will resolve your issues for your next stay.
We look forward to seeing you again. Cheers.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Decided to stay on town one more day to more calls in Surrey, this was a great place to stay the room was fabulous, clean, large, had great big leather chair in a perfect spot for viewing tv and awesome view of the city. It's a great place would recommend it anytime you are in Surrey

• Stayed: March 2014

We are so happy to hear that you were very comfortable with our guest room. Often our guests observe that they wish to purchase one of these big leather chairs for their home. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Cheers.