“Great Place to Eat”

McJac's Roadhouse Grille
Ranked #39 of 831 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South Surrey
Surrey, Canada
“Great Place to Eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

This place is great for couples and families, they have a great extensive menu, big breakfasts and a King George burger that is unbelievable. If you like good service then this place is for you. The location is in South Surrey about 2 miles from the Peace Arch Border crossing and very close to White Rock Beach.

• Visited April 2014

Astoria, Oregon
“homey and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I succumbed to the veal liver with onions...not usually on my diet,but a 'comfort food' from my youth. With mashed potatoes yet...
the veggies are nicely steamed, not mushy. Prices are right. Atmosphere is funky.
we ate there on previous visits, and it has kept its appeal.'
sorry to see the adjacent bakery was shut down.

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, BC
“real 60'es tables”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

This place takes you back a few decades. I don't know how but they have found all these 60'es and 70'es stuff and put them together and created a great warm atmosphere.
the food is great. They make an amazing liver and onions plate, not that I like it but a coupl eof experts with me said that was great. I had t heir burger nad it was quite alright. Very casual place and the staff are friendly.
I loved the fact that it is not outrageously loud; you can actually hear t he conversations!

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prime Rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The prime rib was on special and is awesome and the bread pudding divine. Love this place! The whole family had a get together and not one complaint.

Pullman, Washington
“"McWontgoBack's"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Last stop before the US border. Stopped for breakfast after new years eve.

Service wasn't bad but i could see the servers sweating a little under the pressure of a busy but not packed house. Ate my breakfast dry waiting for a cup of coffee and a water.
The food tasted far below par. I've worked in kitchens all around the world and I've tried some wild food on my travels. I know I can cook a better burger than McDonalds, just like I can cook a better breakfast than McJac's but my real concern was what the food did to us.
Worst place ever if your on a road trip. It felt like allergy season for our rear ends. Took way too many bathroom breaks from our overactive volcano butts. absolutely tore up our insides. So much so that it encouraged me to write my first post on TripAdvisor. Looking forward to giving great reviews to everywhere else we ate on out trip.
If you're looking for some great places to eat downtown Vancouver read my other reviews.

Thanks McJac's for enabling us to discover the pure darkness written within each rest stop bathroom stall from Surrey to Idaho. And I apologize to everyone who may have contracted pink eye from that haphazard left behind.

Hit the road Jac not going back!

• Visited December 2013