“Greasy, fatty Ribs”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Surrey
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were 4 adults and 2 kids... They seemed to have a problem putting a table together for us. The menu is very limited, not very many choices. My 12 year old asked the waitress to omit a couple of things from his burger but when it was delivered, everything he said he didn't was on the burger! I had the ribs, those were the biggest pork bones I've ever seen on ribs. The rack was really, really fatty and greasy, couldn't eat more than a couple of bites. My wife had the prime rib, she said it was good. The other family with us seemed to like their meals. Based on our experience with only one of three meals being acceptable, we wouldn't go back if we were ever in the area

1  Thank E N

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This fun & exciting road house cafe has lots of interesting decor to make your experience fabulous. Good food is the accent to my visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We've been going to the Roadhouse for many years as it is a staple brunch place for when we want to eat out. However, first the breakfast was no longer served past 3, which made a few times we slept in a bit too late for breakfast (- to ricky's we go) . Gradually menu items were taken off that we went there to eat. the food is good, so there would be something else to try, but we seem to have bad luck: each time we went, the something we went there for was gone. greek omelet, Maui and Mexi burger, among others, and then last week, even the veggie patty itself was taken off! I prefer to eat menu items that are unique to a restaurant, otherwise, what is the point of going there in the first place? Eggs, toast, and potatoes can be had at many places. At least, they still have tasty buttermilk pancakes, but I can make those at home with minimal fuss for less than the cost of 3 pancakes...

I do recommend this place, but for us, the menu items we went for are gone, and so we are less likely to return.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Have eaten here often because it is convenient and the service is good but lately the food quality has gone down. Breakfast last week left a lot to be desired. Overcooked hash browns and hollandaise sauce out of a tin didn't help the packaged supermarket ham on the eggs benny. The waitstaff also couldn't tell or didn't know what kind of cooking oil was used. Not good for those with allergies.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

This restaurant has a split personality. There is the old retro/50s diner part which is dark but funky, and the remodeled part, which is light, but boring. The tables are very close together and on the last two occasions I have been there, the noise has been unbearable. However, it's very popular and there is alway a line-up on a Sunday. The portion sizes are good, and the food is not bad, but in reality nothing you couldn't do at home, although having said that, I've only ever gone for brunch, and only eaten the eggs benny type dishes. Service is always good though and they are very free with the coffee refills.