Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Surrey
Barrie, Canada
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel over all was very nice. I had a king suit and was staying in the hotel for 6 nights. My room was nice but had no hot water pressure and a light was out in the hall way. I told the front desk, and was told they would have someone look at it. When I got back the light was fixed but the hot water problem was still not fixed. So in that respect I was a bit disappointed. I lived with the low hot water pressure for the rest of the week.

Room Tip: Make sure everything works well in the room as soon as you get in. If things are not up to your need...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi glad you liked the hotel and thank you for this informative review. Our service engineer has been working on the issue since last week and finally it seems to have been resolved. We will ensure that this does not happen again. Hoping that you will give us another chance to service you in your next stay here. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
St. Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were more than pleased with our stay at this hotel for a weekend getaway. For the price it can't be beat! The room was extremely clean. No strange smells, or anything questionable. There was plenty of room for our two kids to run around a bit. The hot breakfast was really good and better than most we've tried at other hotels. The staff was courteous and helpful. Great little indoor pool and workout area.

We typically travel up to Canada for a short getaway once a year, and we'll definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you thbslawson for the review you posted. We at the Holiday Inn & Suites Surrey BC are so glad that you and family had a splendid time. Looking forward for you to come again here next year.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was at least my sixth stay but I won't stay again due to extreme noise and an unwillingness on the part of management to address my complaint. I left my contact information but management hasn't contacted me.

We were placed in second floor room that faces 64th Ave beside a group of unsupervised older teens who behaved inappropriately. We arrived exhausted just wanting a good rest before beginning a busy day the next morning. After being woken twice between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m., by the young men talking loudly in the hallway outside their room, I phone the front desk intending to ask staff to request that these fellows be quiet. No-one answered. I went back to sleep only to be woken again. After midnight I finally reached the front desk and complained about the noise. There was finally enough quiet to sleep by 1:00 a.m. Unfortunately these same noisy neighbours found it appropriate to begin their celebrations less than six hours later.

On check out I asked to speak with a manager as I don't think it's reasonable to pay for a stay when other hotel guests kept me awake. I assume that when I stay at a hotel I'll be able to sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cbbay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Cbbay,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with guest noise. We have reviewed your comments with our staff to ensure situations do not reoccur. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

i was down from Ontario and stayed at the hotel with family and i travel alot and stay in alot of hotels and never bothered to write a review but our stay was so amazing that i decided to write and recommend this hotel. the stay and the service and staff were all so nice. will defo come back and stay there

• 5 of 5 stars
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hi jusneet, thanks for taking the time to write to us, really appreciate since this was your first time. Your kind words make us love our job and offer smiles to our guests.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband, 10 year old son and I stayed here five nights. The pool was great and my son spent time there every day! They also have a small but nice fitness center. We went to the restaurant every morning for breakfast. It was a bit expensive, but they had a great variety and kids eat there free (ask for the coupon at the front desk!). It was a bit of a drive up to Vancouver, but pretty direct. We liked staying there because it was a good location to go to the zoo and whale watching in Richmond. It also made it easier to head down to Seattle and cross the border to go to the Sea-Tac airport which is where we flew in and out of. Staying in Surrey saved us at least 30 minutes the day we left for home. The hotel was very clean and the rooms very comfortable and quiet. The staff were all very helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars
Hi Maureen , i am so happy you like the place and the town, glad you have good things to say about BC hospitality that we all work hard to offer. Next time Victoria should also be on your things to see here. Once again thanks for the kind words.. Jas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have never bothered to write reviews on hotels before, but this one deserves the extra effort. We stayed at this hotel because every other available hotel would have cost us almost 3 times as much. I expected very basic accommodations, but was very pleasantly surprised throughout from the courteous service when we checked in, to the clean, spacious room with a very comfortable bed. I can usually find something that needs improving, but, in this case, I'd like them to keep things just the way they are.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hi there , thanks a lot for your appreciation, you definitely have made the day for the front desk and house keeping staff when I passed your review to them. Thanks
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and were completely happy with our experience. The staff is very friendly; the hotel is bright and clean. My only beef is that the fitness centre is quite small and although there were some free weights, there was no bench or even a mat in which to do exercises with the weights. We would absolutely stay here again if we needed a hotel in this area of BC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple