Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was at least my sixth stay but I won't stay again due to extreme noise and an unwillingness on the part of management to address my complaint. I left my contact information but management hasn't contacted me.

We were placed in second floor room that faces 64th Ave beside a group of unsupervised older teens who behaved inappropriately. We arrived exhausted just wanting a good rest before beginning a busy day the next morning. After being woken twice between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m., by the young men talking loudly in the hallway outside their room, I phone the front desk intending to ask staff to request that these fellows be quiet. No-one answered. I went back to sleep only to be woken again. After midnight I finally reached the front desk and complained about the noise. There was finally enough quiet to sleep by 1:00 a.m. Unfortunately these same noisy neighbours found it appropriate to begin their celebrations less than six hours later.

On check out I asked to speak with a manager as I don't think it's reasonable to pay for a stay when other hotel guests kept me awake. I assume that when I stay at a hotel I'll be able to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cbbay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Cbbay,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with guest noise. We have reviewed your comments with our staff to ensure situations do not reoccur. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 28, 2013

i was down from Ontario and stayed at the hotel with family and i travel alot and stay in alot of hotels and never bothered to write a review but our stay was so amazing that i decided to write and recommend this hotel. the stay and the service and staff were all so nice. will defo come back and stay there

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hi jusneet, thanks for taking the time to write to us, really appreciate since this was your first time. Your kind words make us love our job and offer smiles to our guests.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband, 10 year old son and I stayed here five nights. The pool was great and my son spent time there every day! They also have a small but nice fitness center. We went to the restaurant every morning for breakfast. It was a bit expensive, but they had a great variety and kids eat there free (ask for the coupon at the front desk!). It was a bit of a drive up to Vancouver, but pretty direct. We liked staying there because it was a good location to go to the zoo and whale watching in Richmond. It also made it easier to head down to Seattle and cross the border to go to the Sea-Tac airport which is where we flew in and out of. Staying in Surrey saved us at least 30 minutes the day we left for home. The hotel was very clean and the rooms very comfortable and quiet. The staff were all very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi Maureen , i am so happy you like the place and the town, glad you have good things to say about BC hospitality that we all work hard to offer. Next time Victoria should also be on your things to see here. Once again thanks for the kind words.. Jas

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have never bothered to write reviews on hotels before, but this one deserves the extra effort. We stayed at this hotel because every other available hotel would have cost us almost 3 times as much. I expected very basic accommodations, but was very pleasantly surprised throughout from the courteous service when we checked in, to the clean, spacious room with a very comfortable bed. I can usually find something that needs improving, but, in this case, I'd like them to keep things just the way they are.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi there , thanks a lot for your appreciation, you definitely have made the day for the front desk and house keeping staff when I passed your review to them. Thanks

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and were completely happy with our experience. The staff is very friendly; the hotel is bright and clean. My only beef is that the fitness centre is quite small and although there were some free weights, there was no bench or even a mat in which to do exercises with the weights. We would absolutely stay here again if we needed a hotel in this area of BC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved the service and hotel..
Except if u are planning to take a trip to downtown vancouver, its about half hour from this hotel.. which makes the location a disadvantage.

• Stayed: July 2013
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you liked our property. Holiday Inn has 6 more properties servicing the Vancouver downtown that will have the same standards as us, we would be happy to connect you with them during your next visit in case you want to go downtown. Other than that there is a convenient sky train access to downtown not very far from our hotel.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying at this hotel for 4 days. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff was amazing. I’m a major clean freak but this hotel was very clean. I would definitely come back here!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
Guildford
Guildford
Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Newton
Best Western King George Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale? Share your experiences!