“Lack of towels!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here to attend a wedding at the Northview Golf Course which was very close. The room itself was very clean, new carpet, nice bedding, etc. however there was a female hockey team that stayed there and the noise and swearing that went on all during the night until 5:00am was terrible. Doors were constantly slamming shut. There were no towels in the pool area. The toilet in the pool area didn't flush and the shower didn't work. We went for breakfast and the service was very slow (apparently the kitchen got a order wrong and had to redo everything). The staff were very friendly, check in was quick. I would stay here again if I was going to Northview but that would be my only reason. Windows opened which was nice. No fridges but there was an empty space where one should be. The bathroom lighting was terrible.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thanks for this informative and candid review. We at Holiday Inn cherish the business from North view and other golf courses. Yes, this was the first year we ventured into hosting the hockey play offs in the city, and i fully understand your concern, we tried our best to space the team rooms on a different floor. This team has been a learning curve for us and now we have included specific conditions in our team contract for adherence. The pool drains got blocked due to excessive tissue spills by the same team. My apologies you had to go through this but in order to convince you to come back please make a reservation and ask for me 604.576.8862, and i will make sure that you get a quiet room. I am glad that you liked the the room & staff. The washroom bulbs are an energy saving test project for a green score, we should have a better result soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

As the title says, I had to privilege of staying here while waiting until the end of the month to move into my new place, and I'm glad i picked here! This is without doubt one of the nicest Holiday Inns I've ever stayed in. My room was top notch and the restaurant downstairs well met my needs. Its one of the newer hotels in Surrey so everything looks brand new. They have a coin operated washer/dryer which was great for someone like me who was staying awhile. The price was affordable at the time ($100/night I think). My only complaint is the location. Its not really close to anything except a grocery store and a Subway. Plus 64th can be a pain sometimes especially during rush hours.
However with that being said if I'm ever back in Surrey I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Jas C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review, and we are delighted that we could meet most of your expectations. While walking distance from the hotel is a Starbucks, Boston Pizza, Grocery Store, Tim Hortons, Subway, Liq store & McDonald; a short drive towards Langley is the busy commercial area with all the restaurants and bigger stores. Based on availability we can even arrange a shuttle drop. Kindly use this option if you or a friend have to stay here. 64th ave does get busy during office hours and because of that majority of our rooms are facing the quieter south side. In the meantime congratulations for the new house.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel regularly (almost weekly) for the past 2 years. The hotel is very clean and the staff are extremely friendly. The beds are comfortable, so much so I often have a better sleep in the hotel than at home. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Spotlessly clean and the beds & linens are really comfortable. My only complaints are that (1) there was a spotlight shining towards our room which made it difficult to sleep (closed the curtains and layered towels at the bottom to try to block out extra light) and (2) the kitchenette was not well equipped. Calling it a kitchenette is a bit of stretch when all it has is a bar fridge, microwave and sink.

The rooms were comfortable enough though and the staff was quite accommodating. For gym goers, the gym has two treadmills, an elliptical and a recumbent bike. There are no weights.

Stayed here with my competitive curling team for our week at the provincial championship. Had a kitchenette adjoining a regular guest room on the 2nd floor on the backside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front if you prefer a darker room as the light at the back of the hotel can be...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Chose this hotel as our office Christmas party was being held in Cloverdale this year. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was nicely decorated and had all the amenities. They even give you a choice of pillow types. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing the main road. I was worried about the noise but since it didn't seem so bad when we checked in I thought it would be fine. Unfortunately, it was pretty noticeable in the early morning when there seemed to be a lot of truck traffic. Maybe try for a room on the other side of the hotel.

The staff was really helpful when we need a cab and friendly when we checked out the next day. Had breakfast at Rockwell's in the morning which was really good,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and son and I stayed for 4 nights. Had a room on the 4th floor which was very quiet. Liked the location and proximity to Langley, where we were visiting our son and his family. The rooms were very clean and adequate. No microwave and no breakfast included in the room rate. The restaurant was nice and had lots to choose from and you could use the room service feature. Had to pay extra for the 3rd person. Liked the location, near a small shopping plaza for eating breakfast but not too busy like the Langley shopping area. Staff was very friendly and your room was promptly cleaned each morning.

Room Tip: Always like staying on the top floor where you get no noise from above.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding from 11/22 - 11/26. It looks like a brand new hotel, everything is nice. Staff is friendly, location is close to food and other activities.

I will definitely stay here again. Say hi to Jas for me :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family