All reviews parking lot front desk fraser highway tim hortons next door convenient hotel the breakfast area large room separate bedroom langley area complimentary breakfast enjoyed my stay restaurant next door downtown vancouver rec inns conference fitness
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Ok so my first review didn’t go through so here’s a paraphrased version; rooms are huge, 24 hour business centre and store are good. Service was good. Conference rooms where also spacious and well serviced, coffee was god awful. Don’t worry there’s a Timmy’s next door. No pool but there’s a recreation centre across the parking lot. My biggest beef is with the tours that come in every evening in rounds of 20-30 and take up the entire lobby. Perhaps a conference room could receive them with water and whatever while their tour guide organizes their people and the front desk can organize their rooms. It’s not working for other guests in the hotel I assure you.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
ComfortInn_Surrey, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback. It's great to see you've enjoyed the stay and the local area. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Was yelled at by employee to clean up my table from across the dinning room before I left my table. My wife was shocked for a high end hotel . Breakfast was more a continental breakfast. Not a higher end hotel breakfast for the amount they charge for rooms I’d expect a little more professional. Call before 11 am to ask us to leave. Also cleaning needs more attention. We had a towel with old stains on it. Looked like blood. And hair all in the coffee set up in kitchen nook of the room. I won’t show towel stain. The hotel is nice and good location

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Quentin L
ComfortInn_Surrey, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are sorry to see the surprising experience you had as this is not the standard our guests are used to. I have passed the feedback to the housekeeping team as well as the breakfast team to ensure these types of situations are avoided in the future. We hope to be able to provide you with an improved experience in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Better than typical Comfort Inn. The room was spacious and the bed was reasonably comfortable. Only complaint is about the TV. Smallish unit hung on the wall with no ability to turn or rotate made it difficult to view from different locations. Also two different remotes made for confusing operation.
The real bright spot on our stay was Peter at the front desk. He was very personable and helpful with directions.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ComfortInn_Surrey, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send us your positive response! We are so pleased we were able to help keep you comfortable throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the Surrey area.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

I stayed here recently for more than one night and I enjoyed my stay. The gentleman that checked me in in the evening was excellent, such an upbeat personality. Staff attitude can really make a difference.
The room was very spacious but that may be the category that I choose. I enjoyed the room. The hotel has been there for some time and yes, it is showing wear and tear, but everything in the room worked and it was in line with other Choice Hotels where I have stayed.
I was disappointed with the breakfast it was o.k. but just o.k. They had apples, pears, bananas and since there was still fruit available from the Okanagan I was disappointed it was all imported. I know this may have to do with suppliers and contracts but I bought an apple at the farm stand up the road that was from the Okanagan and it was wonderful. Even some canned fruit would have been better in the breakfast buffet.
The place gets lots of bus tours so the breakfast area may be swamped with a tour that is getting ready to depart. Not the hotels fault, just something to be aware of.
I appreciate that the hotel allows pets as so few in Surrey do, but I noticed no pet hair and when I was there I did not see any pets. There is quite a bit of area around for pet walks too so that is good.
Although there is no pool there is a fitness/community centre right across the parking lot. I think it has an ice rink too so you can watch hockey practice if so inclined.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ComfortInn_Surrey, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send your positive review. We are very pleased to see you were greeted with the warm welcome our guests have come to love. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night. It is an older hotel and could use some updating. The most important thing to us is that the place was clean and the staff was great. Price was good and the beds are comfortable. Have stayed in many Comfort Inns and I think that we have had good stays in all. Would stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
ComfortInn_Surrey, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. It's great to see we were able to help keep you comfortable while you were away from home. We look forward to seeing you in the future.