“Horrible servie”

Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed August 23, 2012

When I return to BC visit my son always like to stay in the surrey areas close by seeing my son, after the first time stay in this hotel with less then perfect experience about amonth ago, last week again I return to BC I decided to goive it a second try , the matter of facts it turns out worst then my 1st experience, while check in give me a wrong room type also the entire floor was so nosie with kids running around and banging the door, finally they switch me to the right room type on a different floor and I discovered the room was not really clean and short supply of rooms amennities but it was so late I did bother to complaint and went to bed,the next morning I need to meet with my son I took off early spend all day out visiting and later during the night when I return I found my room same conditions when I left this morning, no maid service and I have no towels ,shampoo, soap, coffee....etc bed was not made all lights was still on. I also notice the ice machine on the top floor was not working the 1st time I stay and this time still in the same conditions the elevator need some service and repair, on checking out I just could find any laugage cart. Well, needless to say I am not going back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not recommend
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ton f

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Comfort Inn and Suites in Surrey is a bright, modern hotel. My wife and I, and 1 year old daughter stayed in an exceptionally clean 2 queen bed room. The bed was very luxurious; high thread count demask bedding with extra pillows, a superbly comfortable mattress, and a large headboard. The room itself was quite spacious, featuring a small desk, bar fridge, and bureau, and comforable recliner and footstool. The bathroom was immaculately clean with marble countertop and gleaming stainless fixtures. Everything was presented perfectly.
Our stay included a complimentary hot breakfast in the dining room across from the business center. As I am traveling with my family, I did not stop to inspect the business facilities, but they seemed more than adequate, with a couple modern desktop computers and a printer. The business area is glass-enclosed for soundproofing. The dining area was large and very clean. There was a wide-selection of food avaiable; self serve coffee and juices, scrambled eggs and breakfast sausages, waffle irons, a selection of cold cereal and milk, toast, bagels, muffins, and yogurt.
As I went down for breakfast, I was also served by a cheerful, friendly lady, Belinda and one of the managers on duty. I felt the service was exceptional. This hotel would suit family or business travel with ease.
I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

as an aside from the hotel review....we mistakenly took this surrey hotel thinking we could save money while we visited vancouver...big mistake, took our little children with us and the drive to and fro (45 min) one way was torture every night of our 2 night stay...vancouver traffic is terrible to begin with, road constructions that made navigating more difficult with detours, and vancouver is one city without proper highways...needless to say...if you plan to visit vancouver...pay more and look for closer accomodations. on to the review...the hotel was decent, clean...used to be a super 8 judging from the scratched out super 8 on the parking lots...clean and breakfast was okay, nothing to write home about...staff were great, friendly...we had a view of the parking lot of a sports complex which you get two complimentary vouchers to go swim/skate at. if we visit 'surrey' we would stay there again. dont know about other suites but our door stuck so be sure to close them shut before you leave...lest you have unwanted guests entering your room...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jemalah
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had been driving for six days and wanted a restful evening prior to leaving for Victoria. We found the facility to be clean, not too far off our route and next door to a pub. Breakfast in the morning was more than enough and well presented. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnSurrey, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Hi Jim,

We are so pleased that you chose to stop at our hotel to recharge on your road trip. With guests receiving complimentary access to the Surrey Sport and Leisure Center next door where they can take a swim or sit in the hot tub, it is an excellent way to unwind before hitting the road in the morning. And of course with our newly launched "Your Morning Breakfast" program filled with hot and delicious breakfast items, your ready to continue on with your well deserved vacation.

Be sure to enroll in Choice Privileges as well, you will quickly earn points redeemable for free nights in any of our over 6000 hotels worldwide.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We spent the weekend in Surrey and love the experience at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great. The rooms was comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel has fully met our expectations and requirements if not exceeded. We would love to stay again. Recommendable to anyone that looks for an affordable place, friendly and efficient service and comfortable beds. Great for families.

Room Tip: No tips really. Just stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

i was in surrey with my family and stayed at this hotel, well it was great, friendly staff, great rooms and a good breakfast, the price they offered was really good as well, next time i am in surrey will being staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Hello Mr. Edwards,

Thank you for taking the time to post about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am truly glad you enjoyed the customer service and experience with us. Next time your around ask us for information on other fun activities in the area and experience some of the great restaurants. We even have a list of 12 Restaurants within 12 minutes that I am certain you will enjoy.

We look forward to being a part of your next visit to Surrey.