“Pay the extra $20 and stay somewhere else.”
Review of Linda Vista Motel

Linda Vista Motel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wish I read the reviews before booking. The carpets were extremely dirty. The sheets had a strange smell.The chair was stained yellow. The walls are like paper, people outside talking into all hours of the night. The ice machine was in a hotel and you had to walk there to get ice.

No microwave or fridge in the standard room.

The staff were friendly enough, but the stay was absolutely horrible.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank JamesWells
There are newer reviews for Linda Vista Motel

Reviewed June 13, 2012

While its not brand new. Is clean, everything works. Never felt scared, as one reviewer said they were. Did have trouble getting the wireless to work, service issues, but I have the same issue at hotels that cost $200 or more a night. Was able to get it work, as Im using it to complete this review from my room I've been in for 5 nights.
Had issues with service, cleanlyness, things not working, safty concerns at these very expensive hotels, too.
Over all, is a hotel I recommend to everyone. I'm staying here because they still have smoking rooms, unlike all the newer hotel/motels in the Surrey area.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 257, with a full kitchen. Am more than satisfied.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2012

First of all, on King George (By 6400 block) There seem to be four hotel/motels. I would recommend the Canadian Inn out of all of them. I have stayed at this hotel and the kitchen was infested with cockroaches. The floors look terribly stained, and the pillow cases looked disgusting.
This is my second day here. I have had someone knocking at my door trying to sell me Marijuana, and the customer service it horrible.

I had gone to the front desk complaining, and though the lady seems fairly sympathetic, she makes up excuses and lies. After many complaints she moved me into a better room which seems to be roach free, but still unacceptable. I had booked for a week (A bad move on my part), and not only is she refusing to not give the deposit, but she is refusing to not give back the five days payment left.

So after all of this, I am left feeling horrified. I would never recommend staying here if my life depended on it. If you would like to be miserable, disgusting, and disrespected, then by all means visit this place.

Room Tip: I do not recommend any.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank GreyScarlet
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place needs to be checked out by Frazer Health. It is totally revolting & extremely unsanitary. I fortunately turned over one pillow & found a half dozen or so black hairs. I then pulled back the second pillow & there were MASSIVE and I do mean MASSIVE Amounts of HAIR all along the top of the bed.

I immediately went to the office & told my story - they offered to change the sheets & said "oh I believe you lady". But, I insisted that the person on duty come to the room to see just how bad it really was. He did reluctantly come. I showed him the massive amounts of black hairs along the top of the bed. When WE pulled back the blanket & top sheet - there was black hairs throughout the entire bed, not just scalp hairs, but body hairs as well. There is NO way to explain this, for it was unbelievable the amount of hair in that bed. It was also very, very apparent that person(s) had been in that bed, before this room was rented to me.

I also removed the so called mattress protector and there was hair under that as well. He did bring me new sheets and pillow cases and I made the bed up. Normally, I would have left at this point, but I had now been up for 22 hours & was exhausted. So I thought a cup of hot tea would help WRONG I picked up the coffee pot and there were at least eight or nine dead bugs stuck to the bottom of the glass coffee pot - so much for my tea.

I had very little sleep that night, just couldn't get that picture of "all the black hair" out of my mind - even now two weeks later, I still shutter at the thought of all that hair. But my delightful experience wasn't finished yet.

In the morning, I decided to retrieve a bottle of juice from the fridge (which was missing a shelf & the two vegetable bins at the bottom. As I entered the kitchen and turned on the light, two (2) Silver Fish scrambled across the counter. I killed one, but the second got away.

This was my third strike - so I went to the office - I had booked to stay there for nine (9) nights but not now. I took the coffee pot (with the dead bugs) with me. I explained the three (3) items that I was very upset about. The woman told me that "the laundry is sent out & it was their fault about the hair". Totally absurd - the person making up the bed would have to have been TOTALLY BLIND not to see all that black hair.

Then, this woman had the gull to tell me "that I must have brought the Silver Fish with me". I had explained the previous night that I was planning on cooking some fish.

While this was going on, another woman came in and also stated that her room was filthy. They had found money on the floor.

Regardless, in order to get the H------- out of there, I had the privilege of paying a $50.00 Cancellation Fee in addition to the cost of the room for one night - even then, they cheated me.

Now, a relative of mine was with me, but had his own room. He was staying for a couple of nights. His bed seemed to be ok - I checked it out right after I discovered the condition of my room.

This person had the privilege of paying a $25.00 Cancellation Fee

The room was poorly lite - the floors were terribly stained (and probably dirty). The couch I wouldn't even sit on (especially when I saw it in the daylight). The bathroom did appear clean.

I complained to the Frazer Health Dept.

If any of you poor souls have a bad experience like this, I'd suggest you contact the Frazer Health at 604-930-5405 and ask for Michelle Upton.

If enough of us speak out, maybe we can get some of these "dumps" closed down.

I have traveled throughout North America - Europe - Asia - Australia - New Zealand - Caribbean - Mexico, and many other places in the world and I have NEVER EVER experienced ANYTHING like this.

A totally revolting experience !!!!!

No Organization should recommend Linda Vista Motel or at least have your people check it out !!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Miffed2012
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was place has been by far the worst place to stay. First of all. The man at the counter ( in a turban ) thinks you will be doing him a favor by staying at their motel. He doesn't know the first thing about customer service. Even the owner ( old lady) is horrible. These people think they are running a hotel on Las Vegas strip. The pictures u see. I put up. Carpet stained and soap was nasty. The remote control didn't work. When I asked to get a new remote, the man ignored me and said " u can have your money back ". Too much attitude for Crapy place. If u want to be treated like crap. Please go there and stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank Hockeyguy80
Reviewed July 29, 2010

At first we read the reviews to this hotel but we thought they werr just kidding. Well, by the time we got to our room we knew the people were right. The lobby smelled like vomit and curry... Our rooms smelled terrible as well. The room we were given were old and like the beds would fall through the floor any second. The windows didn't lock and there was even a little blood on one of them. The shower was disgusting!!! It was rusty and had mold and just looked gross since there was also hair from the previous guests all over. The floor looked dirty and the blankets were more like sponge than fabric. They also smelled bad. The service was also horrible! The man was rude and when we asked for sheets he got angry and looked as if he was about to use violence. He told us he shouldn't have to come to our room more than once. Overall this motel is not one I would ever recommend!!

2  Thank mohonhernandez
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I checked into the motel and advised that I wouldn't have time to pick up the receipt until later due to having to travel so they asked for a $30.00 deposit for the room key. I advised that I would leave the key in the room and did so accordingly. When I returned a week later, the lady at the front desk said they didn't have a record of my deposit or stay. I advised her of the employee who I originally dealt with who had said it would not be a problem and she stated that the employee no longer worked there. I then pointed to the ledger that was in front of her and showed her exactly where there was a written account of my stay. The lady then stated that the deposit had already been forwarded to their account. I said that was poor business and then she stated she could give me $20.00 back since it had been so long. After more arguing, a male come out of the back and the female finally relented and gave me back my $30.00. Terrible customer service, would not recommend giving this place any business.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business