“Nasty room. Look at pictures. I posted them”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Linda Vista Motel

Linda Vista Motel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
“Nasty room. Look at pictures. I posted them”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was place has been by far the worst place to stay. First of all. The man at the counter ( in a turban ) thinks you will be doing him a favor by staying at their motel. He doesn't know the first thing about customer service. Even the owner ( old lady) is horrible. These people think they are running a hotel on Las Vegas strip. The pictures u see. I put up. Carpet stained and soap was nasty. The remote control didn't work. When I asked to get a new remote, the man ignored me and said " u can have your money back ". Too much attitude for Crapy place. If u want to be treated like crap. Please go there and stay.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Hockeyguy80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

At first we read the reviews to this hotel but we thought they werr just kidding. Well, by the time we got to our room we knew the people were right. The lobby smelled like vomit and curry... Our rooms smelled terrible as well. The room we were given were old and like the beds would fall through the floor any second. The windows didn't lock and there was even a little blood on one of them. The shower was disgusting!!! It was rusty and had mold and just looked gross since there was also hair from the previous guests all over. The floor looked dirty and the blankets were more like sponge than fabric. They also smelled bad. The service was also horrible! The man was rude and when we asked for sheets he got angry and looked as if he was about to use violence. He told us he shouldn't have to come to our room more than once. Overall this motel is not one I would ever recommend!!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank mohonhernandez
Kelowna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

I checked into the motel and advised that I wouldn't have time to pick up the receipt until later due to having to travel so they asked for a $30.00 deposit for the room key. I advised that I would leave the key in the room and did so accordingly. When I returned a week later, the lady at the front desk said they didn't have a record of my deposit or stay. I advised her of the employee who I originally dealt with who had said it would not be a problem and she stated that the employee no longer worked there. I then pointed to the ledger that was in front of her and showed her exactly where there was a written account of my stay. The lady then stated that the deposit had already been forwarded to their account. I said that was poor business and then she stated she could give me $20.00 back since it had been so long. After more arguing, a male come out of the back and the female finally relented and gave me back my $30.00. Terrible customer service, would not recommend giving this place any business.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bluestravelerKelowna
Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

Ok so where do I start about this scumbag hotel. Me and my boyfriend had been travellling for hours and hours and we were so tired. This was one of the first motels we saw in surrey so decided to stay. We were exhausted and it didn't look bad from the outside. Anyways we checked in and then went to our rooms. When we opened the door we noticed there was a very funky smell. The floors were very stained burned by cigarettes and very very unclean but we both thought ahh we are aoo tired we don't even care butt we can do this for one night and then get a different hotel tomorrow. I went to sit on the bed and saw what I thought was blood. Well indeed I was right. There was blood over the mattress, sheets, and headboard. Ok eww. I then started to inspect the room. I hated te dirty floors let alone now blood. No way. When I inspected te room closer I found blood splatter all over the wall. This lid into the bathro where I found more blood splatter and mold too. On the light of the bathro it looked to be oil. The kind you smoke I mean of course. I wanted out of that room. My boyfriend went up to notify front desk as I inspected the room more. I went over to the bed and found more blood burn holes in the sheets and pillows and overall the bedding looked dirty. I then saw something shiny on the floor. I picked it up and it. Looked like a bullet shell. Now I was freaking out. When my boyfriend and the owner returned I showed hm my findings. He quickly threw it away and told me it was not. He seemed like he ddnt even care. Anyways he changed us to another room. The light did not work in this room so he showed us around with a lighter. It was verydark and we didn't really get to see the room. But we agreed to take it. He did not even offer to give us another bulb and he seemed very irratated by having to switch our rooms. My boyfriend then left with him to get the new room key. I had wished he never. I went around the room turning on lamp lights. it was very dingy dark and horrible lighting everywhere both inside the room and out. but that didn't stop my findings. again the floors were horrible, it was smelly, stained carpets, but this time there were blood splatter on the ceiling. By the time my boyfriend got back to the room he found me locked in the bathroom crying. I was soo scared. We then inspected the room some more. We found drugs in the drawer. this hotel just gives you a weird scarey feeling. I would not recommend it to anyone. We then decided to leave. we went up to get our money back andcheck out. I mean we were not even there an half an hour. This was our first time to surrey bc and we didn't have a good feeling about it.
the owner did not want to give our money back. He said because the bedsheets were pulled back and there was a cigarette butt in the ashtray that the room is dirty and he can't give it to anyone else. We argued back saying that it was dirty when ergot it and blood on the ceilig is worst than that one cigarette butt. He did say the butts we left in the hotel room were disgusting. But that hotel room in itself was disgusting. So we left and went up the road further to the best western which was great and treated us aoo well and it was very secure safe and clean. Please stay away. It don't se age and it's diff not clean and it's dingy dirty and smelly. It was an horrible experience. I have never experienced something like that in my life. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danyelly
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

i had someone calling my room at 10am to tell me that i have one hour to check out because checkout time is 11 and maids are waiting to clean my room.
I asked for a second key and the front desk lady said why dont you just share one? that is not customer service.
I was quoted a different rate when i called in, but had to pay an extra 10 dollars per night.
It smelled bad in the lobby and they used an old sour cream cup to scoop out ice.
I have never seen such an unproffesional place in my life.
The wireless internet did not work, they had a pool picture in the brochure but there was no pool there. They kept repeating to me that i cant have guests and asking me multiple times if i needed a smoking room. The reasoning behind that was because they thought i was a party person i guess.

DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank big22g22
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

If you like decrepit buildings, penetrating funky smells and dim lighting then you'll love this place!

My brief stay was made even more enjoyable by the following extra features:

1) No towels.
2) What appeared to be knife cuts in the bed linens.
3) A lot of blood on the mattress.

I quickly left and went to one of the other hotels that was nearby. Without a doubt, this was the scarriest scum hole that I have seen thus far.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank AJ_Calgary
wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

Shoddy , run down condition. When you sit at the table, your feet go through the wall. They put wallpaper over the where the mold and water damage disintegrated the sheetrock, so there are gaps in the walls. They bait and switch you: offering 1 rate when you reserve, then when you arrive, they show you other rooms that cost 1/3rd to 1/2 more than the quoted rate, then tell you that your rate is for the shoddy, poor condition, ill maintained, run down rooms. They are surley and will not work with you about requests or cancellations once you see what you are getting. There are power outages because the wiring in unsafe and over loaded. Beware of turning on lights or television at same time; and bring your own battery operated alarm clock, so you do not sleep through an electric alarm that shuts off when the power goes out. Dirty: the carpet looks stained and you wonder when they last vacuumed or shampooed the carpets. Lint indicates that it has been a while. Stay away from these people and their facility. Other motels are nearby. Pay more at competitors if you need to. This place is no bargain. As long as price is the only consideration, this facility and management is willing to offer an inferior product and inferior service.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — shoddy, dirty, surley staff, run down, power outage, unwilling to work with you or refund
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank business_traveler72