“Best Greek Food Ever”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Newton
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have eaten at New York New York many times and have never been disappointed. Their Greek Food menu is fairly extensive. The service is great and there is lots of parking. Someone mentioned that they found the parking not great, but even though it is a busy parking lot, we have never not found a spot. Also, someone else mentioned the railway line. I would like to make a note that again I have never eaten at this restaurant and had a train running on the line at this location. I also live in this area and have never been bothered by a rail line. I would also like to add that the portion sizes are quite large and you will never come away hungry from New York New York

There are newer reviews for New York New York

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Parking not great here, but depends on when you go.
Food tasty. Service pretty good. Pretty good choice

Reviewed June 10, 2013

New York New York Greek Restaurant can be found at Suite 301, 6361 152nd St., Surrey, BC. Open 7 Days a Week 11am-10pm.

This is not a big restaurant, but it provides a big dining experience. From the initial greeting, all through our meal and on departure the staff was friendly, polite and a pleasure to deal with. Our server Megan was exceptional and made a great difference to our dining experience. Megan noticed that it was my sisters birthday and when we were finished our main course, she brought out a piece of Ecmek with a sparkler in it to celebrate. Great gesture. This was one of the few times that I searched out the owner/manager to compliment a server.

The food was very good and we definitely got our moneys worth. Between us we had:
Appitizers - Kalamari, Dolmathes, Saganaki
Entrée - Roast Lamb a L’Astoria x3, Moussaka Platter
Dessert - Crème Caramel, Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake, Homemade Bougatsa, Ecmek
Drinks - Coffee & Wine

We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoy Greek food and never hesitate to try a new Greek place. We have tried local Greek food in Ladner, North Delta, and Surrey and didn't want to pass up the opportunity of this place with friends this evening. On the negative side there weren't many beers on tap, the location is also right on a railway line and off a busy traffic intersection. On the positive side service was quick, servings were plentiful, and food was fresh and superbly prepared. We tried the platter for two as it included an excellent assortment of Greek fare - chicken souvlaki, lamb chops, dolmathes, spanakopita, Greek salad. It included seasoned a collection of carbs - rice, roasted potatoes and pita bread. The potato was a little heavy on the lemon, but everything else was absolutely fantastic. The chicken was slightly moist inside, and slightly charred and grilled on the outside. Neither underdone nor dry. The salad ingredients were fresh and crunchy, the tomato firm and the feta full-flavoured but not oily. The lamb chops, like the chicken had a soft interior but distinct, well grilled seasoned and balanced exterior. The dolmathes came apart a little easily but were flavourful and well balanced with their sauce. To me a good spanakopita defines good Greek cuisine. Too many places produce a drier product that lacks the balance of a succulent spinach/phyllo version, and these guys excelled here, it did not flake apart in a shower of crumbs, and the one I had this evening is in a league of its own. Service was efficient, we had our mains in less than fifteen minutes, pretty good considering the number of folks there, We could not fit in desert with this lot so took some ekmek and baklava home, I snuck a corner off each, and honestly believe that this restaurant is going to pose a real threat to my bmi. Sadly in spite of that we will be back.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere in a strip mall, but the food here is quite decent. We've been there twice now and I have had both the moussaka and the souvlaki, both of which are usually good barometers for the quality of a Greek place.

The moussaka was flavourful without being bitter, overdone or overpowering, as it is in some other places. The souvlaki was tender and cooked just the perfect amount. The seasoning on the souvlaki, like the moussaka, was flavourful, but not too much. Both times, we have ordered the houmous, but as with most places, I wish that they would bring more pita bread- there's never enough!

The service here was attentive and enthusiastic. The servers were welcoming and made us feel like we were truly valued.

The prices were slightly above what I would expect to pay (especially given the remote/odd location), but the food was not a disappointment.