“The Best Greek restaurant in Surrey”
Review of New York New York

New York New York
Ranked #2 of 885 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Newton
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This has to be the best Greek restaurant in Surrey & maybe even the Lower Mainland.
The only thing that is missing there is a nice rack of lamb,the lamb roast is too fatty & huge.Wonder if I should mention this to them?
All the portions are huge.I have never seen such a nice crispy,large spanakopita ever any where else..........it must be 10"-12" long & nice & full of spinach & all that goes into it.It is perfect for hungry vegetarians.
My girlfriends & I go there for lunch all the time,everyone loves it.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I have been to this restaurant before. The last time we were here was in wintertime, when it was dark at dinner time. I was put off because the neon lights they use outside made the inside lighting very strange looking, almost fluorescent. The food was fine, though.

This time it was bright and sunny outside, so lighting was not an issue. My husband thought his roast lamb was as good as the other Greek restaurants we’ve been to.

I enjoyed my calamari dinner as well. I thought the proportions were better than the last place where I ordered calamari. There was a large greek salad, the usual lemon-roasted potato, a small pile of rice, and a nice amount of calamari.

The service was friendly and efficient, and there was a good number of diners, considering that it was 5 pm on a Tuesday. We would definitely go back, but probably not at night time.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I had not been to New York for the past year but found the food quality has fallen off. We ordered 3 appies,kalamari, mussels and spanakopita. The mussels were badly overcooked and came with a very bland thick garlic sauce. The kalimari were huge, undercooked pieces which were a little on the slimy side. The spanakopita came as a large log which was crisp on the outside but cold inside. It had obviously been previously frozen.

The service was excellent.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Best Greek restaurant I have tried, hands down! Food is delicious, service is great, and it is always busy! Good sign, of course!

1  Thank msdadvice
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have been going to New York New York for the past few years. We love the food. The portions are a good size and the food and service are consistently good. It is a white linen tablecloth restaurant in the middle of Surrey. Reservations are recommended on weekends because it gets busy.

Gina and her family are wonderful hosts and we will continue to recommend it and go for our Greek food fixes.