“What is all the complaining about?”
Review of Pine Cone Camping

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sussex
Pine Cone Camping
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I just finished reading all the reviews of this campground and frankly I am confused about some of the negative comments. My family and I have never experienced any of the negative experiences mentioned in some of these reviews. My family and I spend every weekend there during the summer and have found the staff and other campers friendly and accomodating. The only explanation I can think of in regards to some of the negative comments is that there was probably some sort of rule that was violated and the offender likely over reacted in an attempt to minimize their general neglect.

All in all I would and do recommend this camprogund to any and everyone. Come to the park with the expectation that it is a family campground and with this comes kids that like to ride bikes and play in the street so take your time, your site will still be there when you get there. This is a place for parents and kids to have fun.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank DBannister

Reviewed August 3, 2008

I visited my sister at Pinecone with my 11 year old daughter. We found the campground very noisy, crowded with small lots, narrow roads, too many vehicles trying to pass each other, too many kids on motorized scooters. It was an accident waiting to happen.
We also found security to be very rude. One in particular, the owner's son, was bullying the kids. He was screaming at them, using strong profanity, and had my daughter terrified. She returned to the trailer shaking and hysterical, and was scared he was going to hurt her. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. It took me over an hour to calm her down and it gave her nightmares for a couple of nights afterward.
We have camped for many years but this was the worst experience by far. This campground needs competent and considerate management. These owners have no business running a business.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank SackvilleCountrygirl
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We have been camping at Pinecone for 10 years, and camped there as children ourselves. A beautiful campground but in need of updating. We have never had a problem until this summer with the arrival of the owner's son, to do security on his off days .He arrived with a negative attitude toward the children and treated them like criminals. He was bullying the kids to the point of harrassment, screaming, using verbal abuse and threats of physical violence. He was targetting our oldest son, but put our daughter and niece (11 yrs) into hysterics- they were terrified. It wasn't called for, the kids did nothing wrong...Our son (17 yrs) took them swimming and this security guard said our son had to be 18-legal adult to watch them...our son obeyed and told them to get out of the pool, but it didn't stop there...the man was ruthless and relentless. He was trying to kick our son out of the park and using his golf cart to block him and stop him from coming back to the trailer. When we arrived, he turned his rage on me, called me a liar, told me I was lucky he didn't do more ...quite a scene..right in front of the owners, but they sided with their son and asked us to leave. I am shocked at the treatment we got, and he is a 25yr RCMP officer, it was a major abuse of authority. Needless to say he shattered their sense of security and safety and ruined their summertime home that held so many good memories. We will never be back...beware for your kids.

Stayed: July 2008
5  Thank MedicalScientist
nimaMoncton, owner at Pine Cone Camping, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2008

Firstly, our clients/campers supported us when they heard about this particular incident,(not the first time) the only remarks were "What took you so long"
We operate 300 sites, In the past 8 years I've only had to ask 2 families to leave our campground, funny enough they were not one of them, during the altercation she was outrage and decided to leave on her own. I hope this doesn't look like I'm trying to make excuses for what occurred, you just simply have to know this family...it's unfortunate , there were no winner and everybody looses.

Reviewed July 2, 2008

This was the best campground ever. Very friendly staff and owners. Great activities for kids. Beautiful and clean. We had a great time and we enjoyed it thoroughly and we recommend it to everyone. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gorvmom
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I must agree with the previous posts that the grounds and facilities are beautiful however the owners are very rude.
I have camped at Pinecone for 30 years...first as a youngster and in the past 10 years with my own children. My children love the playground, pools and paved grounds.... I must say that it is above average. However the new owners, who are french, bought the park a few years ago and seem to look down upon you if you are not french speaking....as well very much catering to those who are french speaking and to those who are seasonal. I have nothing against french speaking Canadians, my children are in Fr. Emersion, however their is a "clicky attitude" there.
They do not allow a clothesline to weekend guests to hang your towel but seasonals are allowed. We got a lot of grief over this. Security "forced" me to get back out of my car to remove it when on the way to the hospital as my son had split his hand open. As well on another w/e, my 65 year old mother drove into my campsite and had things to unpack...because it was a second car the security was ruthless in ensuring that her car be moved immediately. (yet seasonals have a least 2 cars on their lot) I could go on and on with stories heard from others, friends over the past 3-4 years. The security guard is constantly at the kids for every little thing. (And my kids are very well behaved) I don't normally complain about much but I found that lately my camping experience was not relaxing...I no longer go there.

Many seasonal campers have left and moved to a nearby campground where there is an obvious welcoming and friendly atmosphere. What a difference...It is like night and day!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank happycamperNB
nimaMoncton, Owner at Pine Cone Camping, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2008

In response to happycampernb (june8 2008 comments) First I agree that Pinecone Campground is an above average Campground. However I would disagree she likes french canadians, she obviously wrote this article misinformed. 95% of our Seasonals are English who are expected to follow same rules and regulayions. 100% of our staff are English including the security guard that caters to 5% of our other French Seasonals. Clothslines hung from tree to tree are not permitted because kids have ran into them(ambrella clothslines are permitted). 1 vehicles per sites is simply for safety. I am happy there are other English campground to accomodate happycampernb

Reviewed December 18, 2007

Hi ,we stayed at Pine Cone in Aug,i had great service and rules are rules, if they break the t-shirt rule for one why not for all,so i feel the camp site is great,and if you dont like it ,its simple go elsewhere. But do not try and ruin it for the rest of us that loves it.

Stayed: August 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
New Brunswick
Reviewed February 20, 2006

Pine Cone Camping is one of the best campgrounds I have ever been to in my life. My family and I are weekend seasonals here and love every weekend of it. Staff are very friendly, some of the rules are a little out of wack, so many activities to keep busy with, great washrooms, canteen, the pools are amazing (one big one that's pretty cold, great for those hot days, and a smaller one that's warmer for regular days), clean playground, paved roads that are great for biking and walking. My family have so many great memories here at Pine Cone, I would recommend this campground to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2005