“Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Liskeard
Peterborough
“Great stay!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed one night the end of March. It was terrific - clean and comfortable with a lovely breakfast. Price is higher than we expected but comparable to other hotels in the area. It's hard to figure out how to get into the parking lot the first time from the highway. It's in a convenient location.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back so you won't hear the highway noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cau47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Inuvik, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Its been years since we stayed at a Holiday Inn but this stay will change that. Everything was wonderful, the price was expensive but competitive for the area. We were amazed at the small differences that really made this a wonderful stay. Holiday Inn, it seems has made changes to regain some of the ground it may have lost in the last twenty years.
Its all the small things that mde this hotel different from others and more pleasent, such as friendly staff, music in pool area, every bed having soft and firm pillows, disinfectant wipes provided in exercise room, all machines working in exercise room, rooms being set to pleasent temptature when we cheked in, warm pool temp etc.
I was suprised at how all these small things made our stay so much better. Our stay here changed my attitude that a hotel is just a hotel,and they are all the same. I actually changed my plans and booked into another holiday in for tonight. I'm hoping they are all this well run and we didn't just bump into a very well managed example.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank N0rthernwanderer
Northern Ontario
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed there over the past weekend. I booked my room around dates where my son was playing hockey while I could do some work in the area. My company was paying my expenses as it was a work trip. I booked the government rate online and was allowed to do so on the online booking system only to arrive upon check in to a rude and condescending manager who blatantly advised me that I did not qualify for this rate as my organization was not listed on her government list even though I had called two days prior to confirm my rate. My rate then went from 129.99 a night to 169.99. This is ridiculous, I was now in a position of not being able to move hotels as all the other hotels in the area were booked solid. This is like advertising a sale however when you get to the cash they tell you it doesn't apply. I have never been spoken to in such a manner as a customer in my life. This is way over priced, I can get a room downtown Toronto at the Sky Dome for $150.00/night with the government rate.
The rooms are quite nice and the facilities are very nice it's just so unfortunate the customer service is so poor. I was also informed at check in about the pool hours and then was advised that when I wanted to go there I had to come to the front desk to get a "special" key so they could ensure I was supervising my child. GIVE ME A BREAK I have been a parent for 23 years, and one of my qualifications is that of an emerge RN so I don't need anyone to tell me the dangers of not supervising children in a pool, I felt like I was back in grade school having to get permission every time I brought my child to the pool.
Very unfortunate to have such poor customer for such a great facility.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jendaniels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Liskeard, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear jendaniels,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to leave us a review. I am pleased that you found our location and rooms to be at par with your needs. However, I would like to apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your comments and these will be relayed to them so that they can improve on their efforts.

Once again, thank you and we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
sudbury
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Have stayed here 3 times....suites are large clean, modern and comfortable...still new feeling...hotel has an adequate breakfast included and has a wonderful fresh scent. Very close to Walmart and a couple of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank happysanman
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was beautifully decorated and very clean and comfortable. We paid extra (and it wasn't inexpensive to do so) for a suite with a kitchenette or wet bar - sink and microwave and small fridge. We requested a suite because we wanted to be able to eat in it - we have dietary restrictions and had to go to an appointment very shortly after arriving. However, there were no utensils and dishes, as well as no tea towel and dish cloth. The staff was helpful in providing us with a microwavable bowl to heat the food we had brought and paper plates and plastic utensils from the breakfast room. I am just not understanding why there would be a sink and no drying towel and washing cloth; why a microwave and no dishes to use in the microwave to heat up the food; why no dishes or utensils if a kitchenette is offered. If none of these are to be provided, then I feel it should specify this on the website - maybe the hotel has by now after I completed their survey pointing this out. I hope so anyway - either that or supply dishes and utensils - just a few would be enough. Had it been indicated on the website there were no dishes or utensils provided, then we would have known to bring our own. It was a bit of a waste of money for us to pay the extra if we would not be able to use the kitchenette equipment. However, all that being said, it is a very nice hotel. We would stay again, only this time bring our kitchen supplies with us, unless the hotel decides to provide some. We were told the apartment rooms in the hotel have dishes, etc., but we did not know there were apartments and we would probably not want one for one night. (If there had been a Staybridge or Residence Inn in New Liskeard we would have stayed there instead knowing they have what we require, but when there aren't these hotels in a community, then I believe hotels with suites should go that extra mile, espeically as Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge are owned by the same company - I believe they are anyway.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ilishm
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

As I was visiting Timmins, New Liskeard, Swastika, Kirkland lake for work, One of my hotels that I was lucky to convince my company to stay in, was this one. The Holiday Inn, is fantastic! probably one of the best hotels in the surrounding area.

Where do I start? The staff were absolutely brilliant. Very nice, helpful, and very considerate. I was working 16-20 hour days, and I really needed the hot tub. They allowed me to go in around 11:45pm, even after the pool was closed. This was one of the kindest thing a hotel has done for me. They understand how hard we work, and want us to feel right at home.

The hotel was very clean, my room was immaculate. I brought my xbox with me, to keep me company during certain parts of the day, and with their lovely LCD flatscreen i got to enjoy some gaming and watching movies, while relaxing.

The beds were very comfortable, the showers clean, warm and working. When I walked into the room, my biggest complaint was resolved before I got in. The room was WARM! I couldn't believe it. A hotel that sets the temperature accordingly in your rooms. I couldn't tell you the amount of hotels I've been to in the winter ,and there is no heat, I walk into a freezer.

The breakfast in the morning was great. It had a lot of variety, and you can't complain about eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit. Also being a member I got to do a delayed check out at no extra cost. The Wifi internet was very fast and reliable, and i got to do all my paperwork with no hassle.

I stayed here twice, and both were 2 nights. Thank you again for making this pleasurable. I know its not the cheapest, but quality is greater than settling for less.

Room Tip: Anywhere above the first floor is great.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay in the area with limited other options. Staying at a Holiday Inn is fairly consistent no matter which city you stay in so you know what to expect. This is a newer hotel and situated just off Highway 11 in New Liskeard (north side). Close to shopping and restaurants. Only a short drive to the downtown and waterfront. Either for a visit in the area or looking for a place to rest as you're passing through, it's a recommended option.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple