“Still our favorite place to stay!”

Haileybury Beach Motel
Reviewed January 8, 2012

On our trip to visit friends we, again, stayed at tehe Haileybury Motel.
We were astauned to see that there were updates done to the motel and the rooms.
Wireless was a big deal for us. We had that offered for free. Also we loved the free breakfast currently included in the room rates.
Unfortunately the lake was not frozen at that time.
Bridget, we will be back for another time. Noone can beat your service! ☺

Room Tip: Liked the room with the two doublebeds. Had room # 14. Very lovely!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hexe111199
sailboot, Owner at Haileybury Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thanks you for taking the time to write a review about us, the lake is frozen now and there is
great ice-fishing again! But yes, it is the warmest winter since 10 years. Hope to see you
again in summer we will have some extra service for our long- time- guests like you.
All the best your host Brigitte

Reviewed December 15, 2011

This was my first staying at the Beach Motel. It was an great experience. VERY CLEAN with an amazing view of Lake Temiskaming and Quebec right from the window. The staff was very polite and we really enjoyed our stay. I hope to be back soon!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2011

The Motel is one of my favorites.
NIce service √
Nice place √
Nice rooms √

The employees are top, with a big smiling face. When you need a hand you will be get there.
The Place is incredible. the motel is next to the lake and you can look from you room right to the lake.
The Room have new mattresses and is nice decorated.
I be back soon....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
sailboot, Owner at Haileybury Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you Sebastian, it is always nice to have a guest from Germany and I enjoyed our
talks in German language very much, nice to refresh that from time to time .
Hope to see you next year again with more news from Germany.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have been to this motel four time on this summer, I really like the view of the motel. Hospitaly service, clean clean home, Will come back again in the winter time

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for kind review it is always a pleasure having you here, for your next stay we have a surprise! since December 2011 we include our hot breakfast in the room rate. I know you will like that. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed November 22, 2011

First of all, I feel sorry that this beautiful motel got so many poor reviews!

Last weekend was the first time my family and I stayed at this cozy motel. Despite the weather, the view from this place was gorgeous.
The owner went out of her way to give us a comfortable stay; she arranged for us to get two double-bed rooms next to each other with an interconnectable door, so that my 3 boys got one room, and my husband and I had the other room to ourselves!

The breakfast was great, too.

In response to the other reviews, our rooms were not the most modern, per se, but we didn't have a problem with the cleaniness at all. - I even walked around barefoot in the room, although I have a bit of bacteria paranoia.

Jodi

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

I'm glad you liked it here..Thank you for your nice review, it came right in time when we all
did suffer from the bad ones. This winter we are working on some projects to improve the quality of our rooms even more. Looking forward seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The hostess is wonderful, greeted us with a real smile and welcome. The motel is located directly across from the beautiful Lake Temiskaming and is situated in the central town of what is known as the tri-town area. The rooms and decor could do with some updating and modernization though.

• Stayed: October 2011

I'm glad for your helpful review, some off our older rooms will be modernized this winter
hopefully ready for your next visit,
you always welcome

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We are from England and stayed at the motel so we could attend a wedding of friends .We arrived on the 10th september 2011.the motel looked good from the outside but as we opened the door we were very disappointed with the room,it looked shabby and stains on the carpet,we would of left but as there were three weddings in town that weekend all other motels were fully booked.The room had a very bad smell so we complained,the lady came round and said she could not smell it,but gave us sprays and scented candles to mask the smell.We put the air conditioner on and thought maybe we could just about manage two nights.the second night i was woken at about 6.30 with something crawling on my neck.i got out of bed and went to the window,to my horror it was a maggot,i told my wife to get out of bed quick and as we pulled back the sheet there were about 10 maggots crawling in our bed.we went strait round and fetched the owner.she at first said we brought them with us she took the sheet away and refused to give us a refund.my wife and i jumped in the shower got dressed and in that time we saw the maggots coming through the mattress in all about 30 or more,the owner was rude and arrogant and it took all of our friends and other residents to convince her to give us a refund.it will take a very long time before i can stop in a motel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Philip R
sailboot, Owner at Haileybury Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Everybody working in my motel and as well our guests where shocked to read this review.
Sorry your stay was so unpleasant for you. Please excuse my reaction to your complaint,
but tiny maggots sprinkled all over the bed and nightstand is not what I ever had to deal with.
I did not handle your situation professionally as I wished I had. Fortunately for my motel is
that this little maggots where gone the next day and there has never been any in the mattress
or carpet. All my stuff and the health unite could not find out where this plague had come from.
We still think it was a bad joke from one of your party and we had to pay the price for it.
Sorry again for all you worries , Brigitte