“Super”

Haileybury Beach Motel
Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
“Super”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

The Motel is one of my favorites.
NIce service √
Nice place √
Nice rooms √

The employees are top, with a big smiling face. When you need a hand you will be get there.
The Place is incredible. the motel is next to the lake and you can look from you room right to the lake.
The Room have new mattresses and is nice decorated.
I be back soon....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
sailboot, Owner at Haileybury Beach Motel, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you Sebastian, it is always nice to have a guest from Germany and I enjoyed our
talks in German language very much, nice to refresh that from time to time .
Hope to see you next year again with more news from Germany.
Brigitte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have been to this motel four time on this summer, I really like the view of the motel. Hospitaly service, clean clean home, Will come back again in the winter time

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for kind review it is always a pleasure having you here, for your next stay we have a surprise! since December 2011 we include our hot breakfast in the room rate. I know you will like that. Hope to see you soon
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2011

First of all, I feel sorry that this beautiful motel got so many poor reviews!

Last weekend was the first time my family and I stayed at this cozy motel. Despite the weather, the view from this place was gorgeous.
The owner went out of her way to give us a comfortable stay; she arranged for us to get two double-bed rooms next to each other with an interconnectable door, so that my 3 boys got one room, and my husband and I had the other room to ourselves!

The breakfast was great, too.

In response to the other reviews, our rooms were not the most modern, per se, but we didn't have a problem with the cleaniness at all. - I even walked around barefoot in the room, although I have a bit of bacteria paranoia.

Jodi

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
I'm glad you liked it here..Thank you for your nice review, it came right in time when we all
did suffer from the bad ones. This winter we are working on some projects to improve the quality of our rooms even more. Looking forward seeing you and your family again.
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The hostess is wonderful, greeted us with a real smile and welcome. The motel is located directly across from the beautiful Lake Temiskaming and is situated in the central town of what is known as the tri-town area. The rooms and decor could do with some updating and modernization though.

• Stayed October 2011
I'm glad for your helpful review, some off our older rooms will be modernized this winter
hopefully ready for your next visit,
you always welcome
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We are from England and stayed at the motel so we could attend a wedding of friends .We arrived on the 10th september 2011.the motel looked good from the outside but as we opened the door we were very disappointed with the room,it looked shabby and stains on the carpet,we would of left but as there were three weddings in town that weekend all other motels were fully booked.The room had a very bad smell so we complained,the lady came round and said she could not smell it,but gave us sprays and scented candles to mask the smell.We put the air conditioner on and thought maybe we could just about manage two nights.the second night i was woken at about 6.30 with something crawling on my neck.i got out of bed and went to the window,to my horror it was a maggot,i told my wife to get out of bed quick and as we pulled back the sheet there were about 10 maggots crawling in our bed.we went strait round and fetched the owner.she at first said we brought them with us she took the sheet away and refused to give us a refund.my wife and i jumped in the shower got dressed and in that time we saw the maggots coming through the mattress in all about 30 or more,the owner was rude and arrogant and it took all of our friends and other residents to convince her to give us a refund.it will take a very long time before i can stop in a motel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Philip R
sailboot, Owner at Haileybury Beach Motel, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Everybody working in my motel and as well our guests where shocked to read this review.
Sorry your stay was so unpleasant for you. Please excuse my reaction to your complaint,
but tiny maggots sprinkled all over the bed and nightstand is not what I ever had to deal with.
I did not handle your situation professionally as I wished I had. Fortunately for my motel is
that this little maggots where gone the next day and there has never been any in the mattress
or carpet. All my stuff and the health unite could not find out where this plague had come from.
We still think it was a bad joke from one of your party and we had to pay the price for it.
Sorry again for all you worries , Brigitte
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Motel is located with a lovely view but sadly it is run down if you take a closer look .

Walk around the outside and take a real good look before renting a room .

The smell in our room was overwhelming we asked for a differant room ,later we found out it had been like that for a long time and they did not know what the problem was. Instead of getting smeone in the find out they left it .

It turned out to be the Sewer Vent was blocked which is very dangerious as they are toxic rumes coming out of there. We moved to another Motel down the road. Our health was more important than a nice view.

Later we went back to speak with the owner and she was rude and ignorant. We certainly do not recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank christophorus a
nobody ever called my motel shabby, if you got that impression by inspecting the outside why did you rent? We have some deluxe- rooms who are a little more expensive, but 4 star quality.
There was at no time any toxic fumes to ham your health, we could clear the vent from a ball
who was stuck there and we are happy to offer you now the nicest view in town with the fresh sent of a lake breeze.
I hope you will try us again.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I hate giving poor reviews, particularly following a row of good ones, but we found this motel absolutely awful. We'd booked four nights there in advance so that we could explore the Tri-Town region, but in the end we stayed only one night, made our excuses, and fled.

The motel's location is absolutely beautiful, with Lake Timiskaming literally on the doorstep and views across the lake into Quebec, but this is the only good thing we can say about it. Our motel room was tiny, with a huge folding sofa/put-u-up taking up all the spare floor space, and a dirty coffee maker teetering on top of a dirty microwave teetering on top of a fridge (we didn't open it), with fistfuls of electric cables and dodgy adaptors that would have a British H&S inspector cringeing!

To be fair, the bathroom was newly-decorated, well-fitted and clean, and the bed was quite comfortable, but the rest of the unit was dirty, in urgent need of decoration, and cooled by a deafening and temperamental old air-con unit inches above the head of the bed! It left us feeling like a pair of very tired refugees in emergency accomodation, which is why we beat it the next morning.

The owner was perfectly friendly and we can't complain about her attitude, but despite a lifetime of roughing it in various parts of the world and being quite happy in really basic accomodation, we couldn't face another night in her motel.

We can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't stay to sample one. We had enough trouble finding some supper the previous evening as Haileybury has not one normal restaurant or bar, and all we could find was a Subway at a gas station.

It was a shame that the motel owner hadn't capitalized on the perfect location to turn the motel into something really special, because the location cried out for it. A final warning to potential visitors - in the town's tourist magazine was a picture of the motel with "exciting business opportunity for sale" and a realtor's phone number printed across it, so don't hold your breath.

Room Tip: Go there at your own risk.