“Location Location Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Edgewater Motel and Campground
Leamington, Canada
“Location Location Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was sent to The Great White North for work, therefore I had a lengthy stay at the Edgewater. It was the perfect place for me. I was there during the summer months and being able to walk down to the water and sit on their docks and fish was great. Having fires in their fire pit near the water was awesome too. I love BBQ'ing and thankfully I was able to do this, as they provide BBQ's. Since I was there alone, I loved the fact that their 2 very friendly dogs kept me company as I walked the trail out back or just hung out and threw the ball. Family members came up to visit me and rented the cabin down by the lake and they loved it as well.
As for the rooms, they are very clean and the bed was comfortable. I loved the kitchenette......Perfect!!
The owners were very kind and treated me just like family. They helped make it easy for me to be so far away from home for such a long period of time. If I am sent back to the area for work, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was the most inexpensive weekly rate I have ever encountered travelling in Canada for a regular Motel. It was around 350 for one person. The room was clean but it was tiny by most standards which means you are more or less at the mercy of whomever is beside you in the next room. Fortunately whoever was staying beside me was quiet. I wouldn't recommend this for that reason-you need to have some space in a Motel room. The manager was fairly friendly and had two friendly dogs-once they got over the barking at a stranger part. I didn't see much in the way of a resort at this location other than a lawn near the office that led to the waterfront beside some large rocks-and not much in the way of a campground as in no campground visible to me on the property at all-and only two cabins-both closed when I was there. Haileybury is connected to three other nearby towns-that are also on Lake Temiskaming & all easily acessible by car or via a local shuttle bus that runs on the hour.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Drayton Valley, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in this amazing little motel in the fall season. The setting is perfect to see how beautiful Ontario is any time of year. The rooms were extremly clean, nicely renovated and have everything you need plus more. Bed was the best I ever had in a motel or hotel for that matter. Staff/owners are very friendly and accommodating, always there to help with information about the area, and anything else you may need. When ever I find myself with the time I will be back!!!
Five stars in my book!!!! Loved it!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Ttkat3
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

A good friend of mine got married there in the summer and a big group of us stayed there. The rooms are basic but very nice. The motel is located right on the water and has 2 big docks for swimming and fishing. Another cool aspect was the campsites located in the woods that are right on the water (1 min walk). It was great to be able to have a fire at night and then go back to the motel room.

The best party was the owners. They couldn't have been more friendly or accomodationg towards us. They even offered to give us a cabin for the night if we couldn't have a fire due to the rain.

Great place and great people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Forbin1976
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

I research the net for a place and found this motel. Got a great rate we usually stay in hotels
But am tired of over paying for a bed
This place is clean n friendly here u meet the owners on ur arrival, can't same the same for a hotel. The rooms r a nice size with a fridge
Very good to stay here

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Papag1963
Pitt Meadows
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

I came to town for business, recommended by a friend to try this facility out and well let me tell you...WOW. These folks make it all the worthwhile, great value for the buck and talk about the old school way of killing the customer with kindness. I will be back each and every time I’m in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank hoosty69
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

This place is simply that! We were up there for the May long-weekend and had a blast. From the outside, Edgewater looks just like a typical 10-12 room motel, that just so happens to be situated on one of the most beautiful properties in the area. Just as the name implies, Edgewater is located on the shores of a quiet bay of beautiful Lake Temiskaming. Because we were in Northern Ontario to do some fishing, the location alone had us excited!
Even with the amazing location, the rooms were the real feature of this place. From the brand new queen size bed, to the kitchenette which included stove-top burners, a mini-fridge, and cupboards full of clean dishes, to the brand new flat screen TV, these rooms were immaculate! There was even an electrically controlled fireplace!
We spent the days on the water, fishing from the rental canoes provided on-site and the evenings relaxing with a couple cold ones down by the fire pit. What more could you ask for out of the first long weekend of the summer? I loved it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends