“Not quite the standard I was expecting”

McKecks Tap & Grill
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Haliburton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Serving up authentic #myhaliburtonhighlands hospitality since 1986. Fully licensed by AGCO, rooftop smoke-free Patio, capacity of 200+ Flavorful food, true hospitality from a Team that earnestly welcomes you.
Haliburton, Canada
“Not quite the standard I was expecting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

It's been quite a few years since I last went to McKecks, so I decided to take my friend out for lunch. We ordered the nachos with the meat sauce, and were kind of disappointed by the lack of flavor.The prices are a little higher than I had expected considering the food quality. However, my server was very pleasant and the atmosphere is quite laid back, which was also nice.

Overall, I probably will wait another few years to give it another whirl.

• Visited April 2014

“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I decided to give Mckecks a try based on the reading reviews on TA.
I guess timing must be everything because I really was not impressed by the food. I tried the Wings first and they were at best a 3 of 10. I had the medium sauce on the side which was cold. The wings themselves were not seasoned and am pretty sure they were cooked from frozen as were the fries.

I sent them back and was and ordered the Stir Fry that was on special, was an improvement but in my opinion was maybe a $10 entre and not worth $15. Lastly at Friday at 6pm the atmospere took a huge nose dive when someone decided that it would be a good place to host a birthday party for young kids. It got so noisy that I paid my bill and left as fast as I could

On the positive side
Really clean bathrooms, Cold beer, friendly staff and last but not least great service form my bartender Meghan, was enough that I will return to giv them another shot.

• Visited March 2014
Waterloo, Canada
“Good place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Ordered the home-made chilli and the perogies ... and left satiated. Very good chilli. Good place lunch after dog-sledding.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Richard A
Haliburton, Canada
“Awesome place! I love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I highly recommend McKecks, I ordered take out not to long ago, I ended up running late to pick it up and they had redone my order because they didn't want it to be gross from sitting! I thought that was the nicest thing! The food is great, and the service is awesome! What else could you ask for!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ashleysd
Haliburton, Canada
“A great local place in Haliburton.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good food, good atmosphere. Nice variety of choices. I live on Haliburton lake, and it is always my place of choice to go out for lunch or dinner. The staff is wonderful and the atmosphere all year is great. There is a nice terrace for eating outside in the summer and a warm fireplace in the winter months. I recommend it as the place to go in Haliburton.

• Visited September 2013