“Warmest Hospitality I've ever experienced”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Haliburton
Loralea Country Inn Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Haliburton
Goderich Ontario
“Warmest Hospitality I've ever experienced”
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The owners - Bill and Heather, just were the nicest people, and welcomed us to their spot on Halls Lake. They accompanied us down to the cottage we rented which was literally a stones throw to the lake, showed how the heat settings worked, where to find things in cupboards,and were a wealth of knowledge for other questions we had. My husband brought a portable fishing hut which owner Bill came out to check if we were ok on the lake,and the icefishing was good! They couldn't do enough for us. He even had a "snow ramp" for our snowmobile to get up and down from the cottage onto the lake to go sledding on the trails! Too bad I didn't bring iceskates, they had a beautiful HUGE ice rink prepared on the lake, and a huge toboggan run to use as well. The cottage was bright, warm and super clean and tidy. We'll be back for sure!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Loralea Resort is great place to be and for all ages, I myself keeps on going back because the atmosphere so relax and the owners are very friendly, you feel like you are part of their family!!. I like fishing and snowmobiling and this is the place to go since you are close to everything and the price is right!!. I have been looking around in the past for the sake of a change and I soon realized that I just could not find a better place. One thing I would recommend is changing the mattress's for better comfort but regardless this resort as so much to offer that I would still go back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
ontario
Reviewed August 19, 2009

LOVED Loralea ! Beautiful beach, tranquil waters, surreal sunsets and friendly yet unobtrusive company. Stay and enjoy the "comforts of home with no distractions" atmosphere and/ or travel to many sightseeing venues all within one hour of Loralea. Perfect place to rest and /or play all day. Kudos to Bill & Heather for providing all the comforts of home with a lakeview and plenty to do or not to do.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
mount forest
Reviewed August 17, 2009

There were so many extras at this vacation spot that really surprised me. They had canoes, games,floats, safe swimming with dock area, paddle boats and free fire wood. We had a wonderful vacation and many people who have come back year after year. Although we didn't catch any fish, we found a wonderful bakery a 5min walk away with the best pizza I have ever had. You are close to Dorset which is fun for some shopping and Minden also has great stores. I would recommend it to anyone who loves the northern scenery and wants a relaxing vacation spot. oh and you must see the log shute just minutes away. Very interesting.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Missisauga, Ontario
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Mississauga, Ontario

This is our first visit to Loralea. We had a great time. Our hosts were very friendly and welcoming. The cabin was very good and we had a peaceful time. TV and VCR are also available for rainy days. The owners go out of their way to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. We had trouble etting the fire going and our hostess helped us with it. The next day we had gone out and by the time we got back, she had assembled the logs, all ready for us to light the fire. I will never forget this instance. My husband and I had a great time talking to the owners while relaxing in the evening, as well as other guests.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
bracebridge ontario
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I recently returned from my second stay at Loralea Country Inn, and certainly plan to return. Bill and Heather are a friendly couple who work very hard to make their guests feel at home, and to keep the grounds looking good.
Although the cabins/cottages are older, they are well equipped, both inside and outside. The towels may not be Royal York size, however the hot water is plentiful, as is the firewood.
This year I booked two weeks at the lakeside cottage. Though part of the resort, my family and I enjoyed having a private dock for fishing and secluded outside sitting area. We felt there was nothing better than having nightly campfires right beside the lake.
Of course, we also had the use of the beach, paddle boats, water toys, games etc. that the other guests enjoyed.
Loralea, on Halls Lake, is within easy driving distance of many local "Tourist Attractions", whether you want to check out shopping, sports or area history. Even Santa's Village, Bracebridge is only an hour away!
I highly suggest that you consider Loralea Country Inn Resort for a reasonably priced, pet friendly family or couples holiday..

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I had a wonderful time. Quiet, relaxing and the grounds were clean & well kept. A perfect way to end a summer vacation before heading back to work. The whole family enjoyed their time there. We will book the resort again in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haliburton
Little Hawk Resort and Marina
#3 of 18 in Huntsville
Lakeview Motel
Lakeview Motel
#3 of 9 in Haliburton

Been to Loralea Country Inn Resort? Share your experiences!