“Best Fish & Chips we've ever had”
Review of Baked and Battered

Baked and Battered
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Haliburton
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband & I found this country Bakery with a fish n chip shop attached. What a great idea! we started with the Fish (pickerel) well my husband did, I don't eat fish, so I thought. This was the best fish WE have ever had the batter was light and not greasy. I eat fish now! the atmosphere was warm and inviting. The Bakery was impressive with a good selection of tarts, danish's, lot's of yummy gluten free choices. home made soup & sandwiches. this little diamond was so good we went back the next day.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Cozy, natural decor and nice ambiance. You must try the butter tarts. We went back the next day for more. The fish'n chips won't disappoint!

1  Thank NYCvet
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here during a summer visit into Haliburton. The location, near the lake, is very pretty and the room itself is quite lovely. Our fish and chips was about average - certainly not at the highest level although perfectly acceptable. The coconut shrimp were better. In fairness, we didn't try any of the pastry or other items on the menu so your mileage may vary. Regardless, it's a nice addition to the relatively barren Haliburton restaurant scene.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were here 3 times in our stay near Haliburton, and enjoyed every time. We had fish and chips once, both done well, and fish portion very generous. Between us we had halibut and pickerel, there were 4 fish choices the day we were there. The bakery side is also great, we sampled many offerings, taking some home, including pain chocolat, date squares, and carrot cake. definitely stop here if you are in Haliburton, I really appreciate restaurants that aren't chains, and do a good job.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have been here quite a few times over the summer. Everything is perfect about this spot. Have had the fish and trips, lots of coffee and treat visits and today had the best chowder I have tasted in a long time. Pie ordered for Thanksgiving. Great addition to Haliburton. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Love it!!!