“Tuesday Afternoon Golf June 10th”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pinestone Golf Course
Barbados
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“Tuesday Afternoon Golf June 10th”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very reasonable priced and the course is the best that I have seen it in years. Fairways were cut close and greens fast and in very , very good shape. We had no waiting, no delays and a round of 18 was fast. Enjoyed very much. After, into the bar for some of the best chicken wings that I have had in long time. I was in Bracebridge at lunch time and had chicken wings also. Review written. No comparison at all. These were so much better.

Visited June 2014

Haliburton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good value”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love Wednesday (wing night) and always try to go for the "BEST" wings in Haliburton County. Service was good and friendly. Lots of parking.

Visited August 2013
Keswick, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Never Again”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went up to play golf, The course was a goat track, Charged 85.00 per person, not worth 5, Tees under construction or roped off. fairways were roped off, muck, tire tracks, no grass. Greens had bare patches everywhere. Maintenance crews on every second hole with machinery running at full tilt. Often wondered why every time I passed the place never saw anyone using course, now I know why. Total waste of time, gas, and money. I know I won't bankrupt them, but they will never see another dime from me. Hopefully people read this and do not waste their time on this so called resort. What a complete turnaround from courses in the states.

2 Thank Mike S
Fenelon Falls, Ontario, Canada
“Golf outing”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Golf course was in horrific shape. We followed a 5 some allowed by management (slow) fairways were either without grass or roped off and you sank to your ankles in muck. Tees were roped off or under repair. greens had bare patches throughout. They were getting ready for a charity tournament, so every second hole we were shooting into or being followed by a tractor with large fan trying to get rid of all the clumps of grass we had to endure. All this at full pop. If they had been honest with us and let us know the condition of the course when we booked we would not have gone. This is not an 85 dollar round of golf. I could have played a course in far better condition for a third the price. Will never golf here again. Money would be far better spent at a course who is more concerned with customer satisfaction than bottom line. TOTAL RIPOFF.

Mississauga, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great round of golf”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Recently played Pinestone Golf for the first time. A foursome of friends hit the course on the way to my family cottage. This review will focus on the golf, not the actual resort so I can't comment on that aspect of coming to Pinestone, although from what I saw it all looks very nice and like everything, it all depends on what price you get, your expectations, and the ultimate service you get.

The course itself was great. Very good shape, despite some holes still being quite wet from the late spring and all the recent rain so there was some repairs going on, but overall condition was very nice and likely in the next week or two it will all be dry. Some nice views on a lot of the holes too. I liked the course because it was the right challange level. From the whites it was not too long but still a challange, but not so much or so long that a beginner golfer would be put off on find it hard. But as it is carved out of the woods the old foot wedge from the woods to the edge of the fairway came in handy.

Service in the club house was great, the cart worked fine (plus had a ball and club washer which was a nice touch), and beer service on the course was very good too. Afterwards had a drink at the pub in the resort (can't remember the name), not the place right by the clubhouse. The pub was really cool and great atmosphere.

As far as price/value goes it was fine. We paid 'full' summer/weekend price of $75 including cart. I thought it was still worth it but for someone who either is used to paying a lot less or a lot more for GTA prices or Muskoka courses with crazy new designs and upkeep may or may not find the value good. But there are not really any other good 'quality' courses in the immediate haliburon/bancroft area so it is still very nice. Besides, there are pretty generous twilight hours and I noticed there was a spring deal on their website that had just expired not too long ago, so you may pay less.

Overall I will definately come back to play when I'm up in cottage country next.

Visited June 2013