“Amazing winter experience!”

Winterdance Dogsled Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience what it's like to drive a dogsled team with Ontario's only Iditarod & Yukon Quest kennel! Our family run business complete with 150 loveable Siberian Huskies has had the honour of welcoming guests from around the world the last 14 years, with the stunning rugged wilderness of Haliburton/Algonquin Park as our backdrop. Escape today's hectic world & let your spirit soar as the huskies share their passion & the land reveals its magic
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I visited Winterdance on the recommendation of friend who had went 2 years ago. We signed up for the 1/2 day tour. This was an amazing experience - the Winterdance staff were helpful and taught all of the tips/tricks. The dogs were very friendly and easy to control - you do have to be assertive with them and at some times they do bark/howl quite loud but not a problem to handle. The weather was about -15C so I do recommend that you dress warmly but not too warm as the mushing will warm you up. For -15C, I had a double layer and winter shell with snow pants and double socks which kept me very comfortable. Again - a terrific experience that should not be missed.

All reviews
"christmas gift"
in 7 reviews
"well taken care"

Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are adventurous and love the outdoors this is most definitely for you. It was a amazing experience and would recommend it to anyone. The staff and the dogs and extremely friendly and welcoming, scenery is stunning, and it is an experience you will remember for years to come. If you are not physically in shape I wouldn't recommend it because some of the up hill trails are a bit challenging. And if you are not a fan of cold weather dress warmly or It probably isn't for you. Nothing bad to say about of half day tour. It was perfect and worth every penny. Thank you winterdance dog sledding we had a blast.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I took my girlfriend on a full day private dogsled tour with winterdance on valentines day. Little did she know that I had already planned ahead with the tour company to propose during the tour itself.

The dog sledding experience was amazing. Our tour guide Jess helped us get settled on the sled and led us through the beautiful haliburton area wilderness.

The dogs are all so sweet and are fun to play with at breaks. They obviously love their jobs! If you are a dog lover you will love the company of a few beautiful Siberian huskies for the day.

Winterdance really went above and beyond to help me execute on my proposal which went flawlessly. The accommodation of this special request shows how much they care for a good customer experience.

5 out of 5. Would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Too bad you can only give 5 stars, it was worth way more than that. The staff (Jess, Jeff and Nathan) the dogs (Ellie May, Miss Jane, Junko, Sparrow and Athena - OK we thought our team was the best) the experience (some of the nicest trails and most peaceful scenery in Ontario) is over the top fun, exciting and a one of a kind experience. I can't recommend it enough. Only did it this morning and already sending emails to everyone I know. Planning next season with friends right now. This has to be experienced.