“Amazing!”

Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Haliburton
Reviewed May 21, 2013

First off - The Haliburton Highlands = wonderful! Hidden gem, that's for sure....

I must say this is the best hotel/resort stay I have ever had in Canada, period. We booked the King room and it was massive... beyond my exceptions. The bed is so comfortable and with me being pregnant I was a little worried. A lot of hotels claim they have comfortable beds but the Pinestone can actually live up to that. The rooms were beautiful and so clean. The bathroom sparkled. I usually feel weird about walking in hotel rooms without my shoes but not here.

Their staff is awesome. The ground keepers were always smiling and so friendly - it truly made us feel welcomed.

We ate at the pub and the food was amazing as well. I do not have one single complaint. Amazing, amazing, amazing! Oh and... they are pet friendly!

Room Tip: I went with a tip from a traveller here to request a pond view room and I'm glad we did. I recom...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The first time I visited Pinestone was for a business conference in the summer. I fondly remember the golf as I won the tournament. Fast forward 25+ years. My wife and I (and two dogs) decided on an end-of-winter weekend. It was simply to rest and relax. There were few guests and we had an entire wing to ourselves. The room was spacious and comfortable and the dogs didn't miss their beds at home. The breakfasts and dinners were first rate and the service was attentive. We roamed the snow covered golf course and were fortunate to see a large group of deer including young fawns. We also ventured in to Haliburton for an afternoon.
All in all, I would highly recommend Pinestone for both a winter and summer visit.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the large pond.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Referee40
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Pinestone last December after the water was turned off at the cottage. I think the Pinestone would be a better stay in the summer. Not much to do. The off-season rates were not much lower than in season. The rooms are nice and the hotel is well-kept. Quite a drive from town.

Room Tip: Take a ground floor room that you can drive up to. In the off-season be ready for a quiet too quiet...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Walkaboutfar
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed in a double bed room. Very clean. Decor is out dated, but who cares. Room was clean and staff was very nice and helpfull. Food in the pub was very good and my kids enjoyed the pool after experiencing some wondefull dogsledding nearby!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank UnderdogCEF
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Can't speak for the golf or the spa. We rolled in on snowmobiles and rented one of their mini chalets with two bedrooms for four guys. The good, the place had a nice layout, nice country feeling, the dinner and service in the bar was great and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and bed was comfortable. The not-so-good: hairs in both bath tubs, stains on my sheets, toilet clogged, out dated bathrooms, furniture, carpets, tvs, tv remote didn't work, tv had a high pitch "teeeee" to it, and for the price we paid I was very surprised at all that - I am accustomed to a higher standard for the $$$ we paid for the chalet for one night ($100 per guy).

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at Pinestone in one of the double bed rooms for a couple of days while dogsledding nearby. The room was very clean, with comfy beds, lots of pillows and blankets, a coffee maker, and a clean and well maintained bathroom. Our room had a small, private balcony overlooking a frozen pond (we were there in winter) with a little table and a couple of muskoka chairs. The entire hotel was spotlessly clean. The indoor saltwater pool was lovely (warm!) and the pool change rooms were clean and pleasant. There's also a sauna and fitness centre, though we didn't use either of them (they looked clean and well maintained, though, in keeping with the rest of the hotel). We ate at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. The food was EXCELLENT. We expected to pay a fortune, as is often the case when you opt for the resort's restaurant, but the prices were comparable to any other restaurant and the service was excellent. There are hiking/cross-country skiing trails accessible right from the property and the village of Haliburton is only about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. Next time, I'll bring some cross country skis!

1  Thank helenahandbasket2000
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in a resort room. The decor was dated and the room lacked a fridge. The customer service was lacking - we asked for information about the area and the hotel services and were always directed elsewhere (the internet mostly).
The pool and sauna were lovely. I also had a pedicure at the spa and that was also quite nice.

1  Thank VanBotham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haliburton
Little Hawk Resort & Marina
#1 of 2 in Eagle Lake
Red Umbrella Inn
Red Umbrella Inn
#4 of 8 in Minden

Been to Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!