“New Years Eve Celebration 2012”

Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Haliburton
Toronto, Canada
“New Years Eve Celebration 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

What a wonderful way to bring in 2012 ! My husband and I had the pleasure of thoroughly enjoying the outstanding hospitality offered to us from everyone at the Pinestone Resort.

We chose to stay overnight and enjoyed every minute ! The delicious evening meal, live entertainment and attention to detail by Sonia, Frank and staff made it a memorable occasion.

A night to remember ....thank you all and we wish you every success in the coming year.

Jacqueline

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacquie j
DirGstSvcs, Guest Relations Manager at Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2012
Good afternoon Miss Jacqueline:

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review concerning your New Year's Eve stay at Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre.
At Pinestone, we continuously strive to ensure our guests' complete satisfaction with their stay and I am glad to see you thoroughly enjoyed your time at our resort.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Haliburton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

We enjoyed a wondeful Christmas dinner at the Pinestone. The food and drinks were top notch and the service was excellent. I would reccommend this resort to all looking for excellent friendly service and amenities.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Mr Rich C:

Thank you having taken the time to write a review concerning your most recent experience at Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre.
At Pinestone we strive to achieve the best in guest satisfaction and overall excellence and I am pleased to read we have been able to pull through on this credo for your most recent visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Last January our school grades 4-8 traveled to Haliburton and stayed at the Pinestone Resort. It was close to Sir Sam's Ski Hill and the local hockey arena. The kids got to go skiing, snow mobiling and participated in various other outdoor activities.

At the end of a long day outside it was great to return to the Pinestone. The kids were able to use the pool freely and were given a room to play mini sticks in. The hotel and its staff were very accomodating. Our rooms were impeccably cleaned each day regardlless of the mess the kids had left it in.

We only ate at the restaurant once but the food was great and once again the staff realy tried to accomodate us.

Our students and satff liked the rooms, service and the overall atmosphere of the resort/hotel and have asked to stay there again in the future.

I also know that several of our school families returned to the Pinestone this past summer and their stay was extremely positive.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Peter T:
At Pinestone we strive to achieve the best in guest satisfaction and overall excellence and I am pleased to read we have been able to accomplish this on your most recent visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.
Central Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My family of 3 stayed at this resort in early December while at a hockey tournament. On the face of things, this is a really nice place and of course it isn't bad. However, at $150/night in a non-peak season it is way over priced...way over priced...but it is in an area with few other options so they got ya! Front staff were rude from check in to check out. Young manager guy was loudly complaining to some staff about other guests and how he was just going to close the pool...as I'm checking in at $150 a night with my kid...really? How about dealing with the problem with security instead of threatening to close services to the other 95% of the guests. Not what you wanted to be greeted.

They must think they are in downtown Toronto where a basic breakfast buffet is in the $20 range. We went into town and had an excellent filling breakfast for $25 for the 3 of us. The pool area was small and uninspiring...for a $80 night place, fine, for the prices they charge, gimme a break. High season rates are well over $200/night.

Normally little things like towels don't bother me but they only had a few decent sized towels, not enough for a family of 3 to take a shower with over 2 days. I asked front office desk for more...they didn't have any but promised they would send housekeeping down with some in 20 minutes. I called, still nothing..checked out 2 hours later, still no towels. the manager guy checked me out, when I complained about this he merely said he would contact housekeeping...like that does me a lot of good...hello, I'm leaving now. But what got me was the rude snotty attitude this guy had.

Although I went to bed early, the rest of the team parents staying close together in another hallway got chased out of the hall at 9:30 pm...they weren't being loud or anything...in many other hockey tourneys, 11 pm is the norm for clearing the hallways...again, rudeness by staff was intolerable in dealing with the situation.

I suppose some would be enthralled that there is a large pond out front of the resort...despite their being dozens of natural beautiful lakes in the area, but in the end, this is just a basic hotel with basic accommodations and facilities pretending to be an upscale resort worthy of upscale resort prices.

Never again.

And if you are a weekend manager that works there...male, about 30 years old...learn some manners buddy, you are supposed to be in the hospitality industry not the hostility industry. Since I was with my family I was calm and relaxed with you...if not, I would have truly let you know how I felt in no uncertain terms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Forestree
DirGstSvcs, Guest Relations Manager at Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Mr. Forestree:
At Pinestone we strive to achieve the best in guest satisfaction and overall excellence, however, it looks as though we were unable to achieve this during your most recent stay, which concerns us.
I have read over your remarks on TripAdvisor and while I understand the challenges you were faced with during your stay, our management team and staff are dedicated to ensuring the safety and comfort of all of our guests.
With that being said, we have reveiwed your comments further and hope you appreciate where we stand concerning the policies and procedures we have in place.
When we have sports teams arriving at our resort, it is the resort's requirement that all parents fill in a disclaimer thereby absolving Pinestone from any incidents or liabilities caused during their stay, thereby making the parents solely responsible for their actions and their childrens actions at all times. All parents had to sign these waivers and when not adhered to the procedures set forth by the property, the management reserves the right to take appropriate measures in ensuring there are no disruptions to the smooth and efficient operation of the resort to all guests.
In this particular case, certain sections of our policies were not adhered to and therefore we had to take appropriate measures.
Your concerns about our rates are noted however they are based accordingly no matter what the event is. When we have groups due to arrive we give them the best rates possible.
The rate of $139.00 for your team was the best rate possible against our standard rate of $179.00 for the same room type especially during the weekend.
The rates quoted are all standard rates even at larger hotels and resorts alike.
I trust this information is useful to you.
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have to say, I have visited many small towns in Ontario, and a few weekend retreats in many parts of Ontario and Quebec.

The resort was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The food is 5 start. Their Sunday brunch was absolutly fabulous.

The General Manager Frank, is always available to answer any questions. He definetly made us feel very wellcome, and he certainly made our stay one of the best weekends I have had.

I highly recommend Pinestone.

We are going back in the Summer to play some golf. I hear their golf course is fabulous.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Barrie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was our first stay at Pinestone. My wifes company had their Christmas party here this year and as it's a hour and a half from home we opted for a room. The facility is in very good shape for it's age. While it was the end of November I was struggling to not look at the golf course as it was closed, but the day would have been perfect for a round. We settled for a lovely swim in the indoor pool and a nice relaxing weekend. The staff were very good and even let us check in a little early as we had finished exploring the region earlier than expected. While the resort might seem a little steep price wise, it certainly is worth every penny. I expect to be back in the spring to check out the course and the fabulous food in the restaurant. Once you get here you will not want to leave.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

I watched as a wounded Canada Goose struggled in agony in the pond 200' from my door. They contract people to kill them. I understand they can be a nuisance but did they never hear of a dog?? The two guys shot three of them and I watched them kill two and try to get the poor wounded creature out of the water as it struggled. Totally ruined our weekend. I will never come back here again.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank terryconnors
DirGstSvcs, General Manager at Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Good morning sir and thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent stay with us.
This Resort has long since been a destination for guests and waterfowl alike. We have no such contract against any Canadian Geese.
However, we do not object to government approved in-season licenced local gamers that encroach on our 160 acres of wilderness.
We are equally disturbed by this event described by you and will work forward to ensure these sort of events do not happen again.
Thank you again for your comments and have a great day.
F. Vismeg - Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haliburton
Little Hawk Resort and Marina
#2 of 7 in Minden
Sir Sam's Inn & WaterSpa
Sir Sam's Inn & WaterSpa
#1 of 2 in Eagle Lake

Been to Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!