“Relaxing”
Review of Kashaga Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haliburton
Kashaga Lodge
“Relaxing”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I enjoy our stay immensely and we like the resident dog, bella a lot! We like all aspects of our vacation and the quaint village of Haliburton is much less busy than the Muskokas. A wonderful vacation, sincerely Heidi

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have stayed at Kashaga Lodge for six years and love it!!! Our family always rents the six bedroom cottage by lake, and it is just perfect for our group. The beach, the volleyball, the kayaking, the forest, BBQing by the water, heaven:)

Room Tip: 2 bedroom and 6 bedroom cottages are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nl
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and myself travelled with my daughter and our granddaughter to Kashaga Lodge.We got there late in the night so it was very dark. When we walked in to the cottage they were staying in I was discussed.There was a nice size hole in bathroom floor where all creepy and crawly critters were all welcome to come in. There were signs of mice droppings on the floor,chesterfield and beds. In the room where my 4 year old granddaughter was suppose to sleep along with my daughter and her husband there was a big hole up in corner of wall and the ceiling had a big water stain on it which was half way across the room.That was enough for me! We then went to look at the camper we were to stay in. The camper wasn't to bad on outside so we went inside.Just got inside of the door to have a look around when it made a big jolt.We jumped out of it and saw it fell to the ground on the front.This camper was on an incline.We came from Nl to spend a nice long weekend with our family and this place really disappointed us.We had to find a place to stay and as luck should have it the people down the street had room and we had a very enjoyable weekend after all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank venturetf

Travelers are raving about these Haliburton hotels

Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place is absolutely disgusting!! Don't go here, mouse poop all over beds, holes in walls and floors, our whole entire group was totally disgusted and could not stay there!! Thank god that Lakeview Motel saved us!! Doors were broken and would not shut, the camper my parents were supposed to stay in wasn't even stable, so when we went in there to set up there stuff, the camper fell off it's blocks and fell onto the ground, we almost rolled down the hill. Will never go there again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jennifer N
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I rented a lodge with my girlfriend and her 4 year old daughter and we stayed out on the beach, had a few cold ones by the water, while britney played with my lab. I also went out a couple times and fished with another fellow staying there, class act, but other than that didn't do much. Lianna my girlfriend, FINALLY, got the time to read the book, she wanted.

I appreciated the lodge owner mentioning there was an outside radio ban, as we were there for family time, not partying and we don't appreciate partyers resorts and this was not, more a relaxing peacefull place, with awesome scenery!

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brendan B
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Recently booked a winter ice fishing bachelor weekend at Kashaga lodge. We found Ken to be very friendly and the price we paid was excellent compared to the other "ice fishing getaways" in the vicinity. While the lodging isn't perfect, we had an excellent time and would definitely consider going back. All these negative reviews are likely people who aren't aligned with the concept of roughing it at a cottage. The north is not meant to be a spa or a ritzy hotel in Manhattan. Don't expect a bidet and a Jacuzzi tub. Toughen up a bit or stay in Oakville with your truffles and champagne.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom cottage has a lot of space in the living room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kyle M
Whitby
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I don't go for much but R and R and a little work... I am a writer and the peace and quiet up in the haliburtons allows just fantastic work! I really enjoyed the private cabin and the seclusion! 2 thumbs up, way up!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Derek M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haliburton
Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre
Country Charm Bed & Breakfast
Sir Sam's Inn & WaterSpa
Sir Sam's Inn & WaterSpa
#1 of 2 in Eagle Lake

Been to Kashaga Lodge? Share your experiences!