“Friendly people and great food”
Review of Lakeview Motel

Lakeview Motel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Haliburton
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Holly & John have created a great retreat for weary travelers. The motel was clean and comfortable, the pool was very refreshing and the food was great. We totally recommend the Lakeview Motel and will go there again when we come back to the area. We picked this spot due to reviews on Trip Advisor and they were all totally true. A little dated in decor but well loved and looked after - that was evident.

Room Tip: We were on our motorcycle and stayed in the back part of the motel where are bike was hidden from vi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband is in Haliburton on business, this was the perfect spot. I read the other reviews and this was the winner for price and quality. I will return again with him on his next business trip to Haliburton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed September 15, 2013

You won't confuse this place with the Four Seasons, but for a country motel that is busy 4-5 months a year, you will be very happy with the accommodations and price. The staff is friendly and a good price performer. If you are thinking about coming to Haliburton and want a reasonably priced quiet, clean room, this is the place. The difference between the quality of the facility and friendliness of the staff, this place is so much better than the Silver Maple.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Lakeview, it was a great place for a quick stop over in Haliburton. Despite being expensive, the friendly owners are very helpful and provided excellent service. We enjoyed the pool and were impressed with the quality of the facilities. The room was clean and well organized. This place reminded me of family car trips as a kid - we would have begged our parents to stay an extra night at the Lakeview!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Lakeview while we enjoyed our dogsledding experience at Winterdance. We were fortunate to have one of the rooms with a private hot tub. The tubs are drained and cleaned prior to the arrival of each new guest. The owner gave me a briefing on the operation of the tub, as well as recommendations for local restaurants. Thanks, John! Our room was perfectly clean and comfortable, and we thoroughly enjoyed the tub each evening of our stay. We had breakfast at the motel the morning of our departure, and the food was delicious. If and when I have the chance to return to Haliburton, I will definitely book a room at the Lakeview.

Room Tip: Ask if one of the rooms with a hot tub is available.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

It has been several years, but I am planning to go back in a few weeks. I was working in Haliburton. The company provided a motel room in town - I didn't like it because the doors had no deadbolts. So I asked to go somewhere else. To my good fortune, they booked me into the Lakeview Motel. I liked everything about it. Real homey. It didn't have the pool then, and I was too shy to use the hot-tub. I have to say that their breakfast (arrange it the night before) was outstanding! The coffee was wonderful. I am looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: Splurge for a big room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you are looking for a clean and reliable place to stay, this is it.

It may look old from the photos online, but this place is very clean and comfortable!!!!
If you're skeptical of the private hot tubs, don't be. They are new tubs and are extremely well maintained; the water is emptied after every checkout.
The owners are hospitable and accommodating. They were flexible with our checkout time too.

It is a great value and we would certainly come back next time we're in Haliburton.

Room Tip: Get a room that has a private hot tub out front!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haliburton
Little Hawk Resort & Marina
Halimar Resort
Halimar Resort
#6 of 9 in Haliburton
Sunny Rock Bed and Breakfast Minden

Been to Lakeview Motel? Share your experiences!