All reviews maletsunyane falls pony trek worth the effort southern africa motorbike trip beautiful place basotho ponies several hours hot water delicious food running water curry four nights dirt road trout tea and coffee beautiful country
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

The lodge is very scenic and the rooms are excellent. Also offer a budget dorm room and that does the trick. The food in the restaurant was delicious, especially the soups. The staff were all very kind and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2019

I was a bit disappointed because it is not as nice as the lodge I had stayed before, and besides rooms are very expensive, so I camped. Actually I enjoyed camping here. The campsite is small, but I was the only guest.
There is no alternative anyway in Semonkong, for hiking to the spectacular falls and gorge. I didn't like that some children shouted 'F*** y**' at me after I refused to give them money, it didn't happen elsewhere in Lesotho yet.
Also I came and returned from/to Maseru by shared minibus and there can be a very long wait before it fills up, the road is scenic.

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

What a nice surprise! A hidden gem in the heart of Lesotho. Thank you for your hospitality. Great food at the local restaurant and to get coffee in bed the following morning was a real treat! We will definitely be back!!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2019

Wow. This place is beautiful. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The activity hut at the lodge also helped us organize pony/horse ride to the falls. Our kids also wanted to ride donkeys so they customised a city tour with them. The guides were great. There is power from 8am to 10pm with great hot showers. Tea and coffee are delivered to the room before you go down for breakfast. The breakfast included was substantial and included many different options. Although many people spend 1 night, I would recommend 2 nights to enjoy the place and the surroundings. The family room was comfortable for 4, our only complaint was there was a lot of stairs and at the time, our son had an injury so it was a workout walking him up.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2019

I really great place and wonderful people. My wife managed to forget her wedding rings when we left. The cleaning staff returned them to the office. Michael and Cici even kindly brought the rings with them up to Johannesburg and arranged to meet us. This speaks "mountains" as to the staff and and ethics of the lodge itself. Highly recommended

Date of stay: March 2019