Worst check in I ever had. Basically they just gave me an envelope with the keys and two towell cards, no comment on what was there. No explanation on how the resort works, what kind of amenities they have, what kind of restaurants, where was my unit located, nothing. No simpathy at all... According to the hours we arrived (23:00) no one told us that we could have a late dinner at the restaurant, we had to aks.
We where on honey moon, no special wellcome in the room. We tried to complain but there was no manager at the hotel (not at this time or any other time we had to complain during our stay - 1 week - and we had to complain a lot). They said they would accomodate the room according to the honeymoon package, but the only think we had was a bottle of champaigne... No chocolates, no fruit, no special deco, as they said we would have...
During our stay we yield with several issues, the worst is that employees are not qualified. Most of them are rude, no simpathy, and have no training at all.
When you communicate some issue, it takes loooong before they solve it... Ex.: issue with toilet paper? We asked 3 times, and had to wait for 5 hours... That's just an example between others... Issue with toilets? Again, call the reception several times if you want it fixed. And good luck, 'cause they never answer first time... And can take several minutes to pick up the phone...
If you need anything from the reception, they have 3 persons in there, but looks like that only 1 is. The others are just figurative, as they will ask you to wait for the 3rd one (the only 1 allowed to do anything - the others are just there for smile - and they don't smile).
And when you need to check out, please start it 3 hours before, or you might have issues... We asked at 14:00 , to grab hour luggage at in the room at 19:00 (before check-out), we were supposed to leave at 19:30. At 18:55 we were at the room waiting. We waited until 19:05, and tried to call the reception, to understand what was happenning, We had to try for 5 minutes. No one answered. We had to go directly to the reception, there I had to wait for my turn (normal), but when finally it was me, again, the person was not allowed to check-out... I should wait for the only person that was allowed, that was check-in other guests. I had to wait until 19:20. At this point, they said that they would only pick-up the luggage after the check-out (they didn't mentioned that when we called at 14:00), and then we had to wait until 19:45 for someone to pick-up the luggage, and just after we really got mad with the situation. And it had to be the receptionist to take the luggage, because no one was answering....
Resuming: very poor service. No training at all, no knowledge, no simpathy, no nothing... This is really not a 5* hotel... I guarantee. We stayed in several other 5* hotels/resorts(AI), and there is no match.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel enjoys a heavenly location amidst the dunes of Costa dos Ventos, right next to the charming town of Cumbuco. It lies some 3 km from Lagoa Do Banana and around 5 km from the centre of Caucaia. Fortaleza is a short 33 km drive away. Built in 2010, this beach resort hotel is in perfect harmony with the surrounding environment. It comprises a total of 465 rooms featuring decor inspired by nautical sports and including 24 suites, 15 master chalets, 17 superior chalets and 17 standard chalets. Guests have the opportunity to experience fine dining in the hotel's 5 restaurants. Facilities on offer to guests include a lobby area with 24-hour reception and check-out services, a hotel safe, a currency exchange facility, a cloakroom and lift access. Guests have a newspaper stand, a hairdressing salon, an auditorium and a games room at their disposal and there is a children's playground and a kids' club for the younger guests. There is a cafe, two bars, a disco and five restaurants on site. They can also take advantage of the room, laundry and Wi-Fi Internet service (for an additional fee) and there is parking for those arriving by car. All rooms come with are equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable, private balcony, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. Guests at this hotel can enjoy various leisure areas and activities for all ages as a complement to their holiday. The hotel features 2 swimming pools including an indoor heated swimming pool (charges apply) with a children's swimming area. Guests can relax at the poolside snack bar and there are sun loungers and parasols laid out for their use. They can also join an aqua fit or aerobics session or work out in the gym. Furthermore, it is possible to relax in the Satsanga Spa, with its Longevity and Vitality Centre, offering a Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, hamamm, as well as massages, spa treatments, yoga and acupuncture for additional fees. Water sports fans can go diving, windsurfing or sailing (charges apply to all) and there is also table tennis, tennis, volleyball or beach volleyball are also on offer. The hotel also puts on an entertainment programme for children. Guests may select their breakfast from a wide buffet. Lunch is also available with buffet and dinner can be enjoyed a la carte or from a set menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Vila Gale Cumbuco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cumbuco Hotel Caucaia
- Vila Gale Cumbuco Brazil/Caucaia