“Nice stay”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Scotter
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For more information, to view our menus or BOOK ONLINE visit our website The White Swan is a privately owned and run small hotel and restaurant nestled between the historic City of Lincoln and the Humber Estuary. We offer you the perfect place to relax and unwind. We are ideally located for exploring Lincolnshire and the Humber, just 7 miles from the A15 and 11 miles from the M180, Junction 4. With Lincoln, Sheffield, Grimsby and Hull on our doorstep. The White Swan boasts an amazing history with images dating pre 1911. It still maintains the character and charm associated with a traditional coaching inn whilst internally, enjoys a modern transformation overlooking tranquil views of the River Eau.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice place to be . Good English food. Rooms are small but clean and quiet. No doubt we will come back.

Date of visit: September 2019
MatthewHorsefield, General Manager at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Domchalau325

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

Matthew Horsefield

Write a reviewReviews (385)

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

I have been a patron of The White Swan for many years as my business premises are close by. I have never had cause to complain about the food . So when I went in to book two tables of 9 people for 7th December I was told it would be a Christmas Party night but no entertainment?
I explained to the young man who served me and took the booking that I would like 2x round tables for 9 per table and said it was necessary were together as I would be celebrating 25 years in business. I was told the seating could not be guaranteed.
Considering that I have sent very much trade to The White Swan not just within the restaurant but in accommodation too.
I do hope that the Swan will deliver as asked because I have two French hoteliers and a number of restaurant critiques coming to this celebration. Food had always been excellent in the past but the enthusiasm by some staff members is lacking. Asked to speak to manager but he was too busy. Considering I will be spending a substantial amount of money for food wine Champagne and accommodation I hope that I will get to speak to the manager .

Denise Blanchard
FOREVER YOUNG SALON

Date of visit: September 2019

Blanchard531

I am very sorry to see after speaking to yourself about this that you felt you needed to write us this review.

As I explained on the phone we will always try our very best to get the tables that you require for your booking but due to a planned refit this may not have been possible. I have however sorted this out for you as we discussed.

I am very pleased to hear that your experiences with all your visits regarding food have been so good but would very much like to speak to you regarding your issues with some of the rest of my team.

I am sure we will catch up very soon to discuss further.

We look forward to seeing you for your celebration in December and I can promise that we will live up to the standards I expect from both the service side and from the food.

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Went for late tea with my wife saturday night bar staff are lovely the guy behind the bar and the 2 dark hair girls very good very polite and good at what they do .well done. as for the food very average standards have dropped. Pate was bland the chutney the balance of ingredients was all wrong it was like lets put some of this in some of that in the pot and that will do lets cook it. Fish main ok need to clean the oil tho in the fryer, the batter tasted of over used oil and it was soft in places not crisp. Banna split for pudd just not good bitter caramel ,soggy popcorn, very poor attempt. The standards have dropped wich is a shame chefs need to take more pride in the work they do even tho its a bar meal they have to show attention to detail.
.saving grace was the barman and two girls who served us. Shame the chefs dont have there standards. We will be back hope this was just a blip thankyou .

ijc417

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us at the White Swan,

I can assure you that all my chefs take a lot of pride in there work however we have been extremely short staffed and at times under extreme pressure. Please do not see this as an excuse as even under pressure I would hope that they would perform to the standards that we expect at the White Swan but as you pointed out people have bad days and unfortunately this was one of them.

I have spoken to the kitchen and team and have since taken on two new chefs so I would not expect the problems you raised to be an issue again.

Its great to hear that the Mucky Duck team excelled on the evening and that the blip with the food would not put you off from returning to us.

If you would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me at The White Swan on 01724 763061 or drop me an email manager@whiteswanscotter.com.

Many Thanks

Reviewed August 19, 2019

We stayed for one night in August and it was busy as there was a wedding in the restaurant. We ate in the bar however which was fine - service was good and one mistake on the bill where they charged us for a bottle of wine rather than a glass was quickly rectified. Bedrooms were clean and comfortable (very soft bed) with one room having a bath and shower and the other just a shower. Breakfast on the Sunday morning however was a little disappointing. My daughter is vegan and I told the hotel this on booking 7 days previously. Despite this, they were unable to provide dairy free milk or spread and had little choice for the cooked breakfast other than vegetables and toast. It always amazes me how difficult it seems to be to provide simple items which make such a difference. There is a supermarket in the village for goodness sake which sells dairy free milk and spread - I actually went and bought some for my daughter to use as the hotel could not!

LovecloughChristine

Thank you for taking your time to review your visit with us at The White Swan.

I am very pleased to read that up to breakfast your stay was so good, however I apologise for the fact there was no dairy free milk or spread for the morning of your stay it as you said could have been easily resolved and it isn't good enough. I have spoken to the team so this never occurs again.

We are in the process of developing a much more substantial vegan menu which will include a better breakfast menu as well.

I do hope that if you are in the area you will revisit us here at the White Swan and give us some very valued feedback on the upcoming new menu.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

Very impressed with the staff who were cheerful and attentive. Even when we had a problem with one of the meals it was dealt with excellently. Very good food could not fault it.

maylordsk

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us at The White Swan.

I will pass on your lovely feedback to the team.

We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

Many Thanks