“Brilliant places to eat, drink and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Walkford

The Walkford
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Walkford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
near bournemouth
“Brilliant places to eat, drink and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Having lived within walking distance now for 13 years, I've only recently started going in and I am pleasantly surprised.
We have to small children and the walkford is very child friendly. Proper wooden high chairs and outdoor grass area for playing.
The food is amazing and very good value. Two main meals for under £9! Not half sixpence meals either, full size.
They are one of the only places nearby that do churro sundaes too, they are so yummy!
The drinks are well priced and there is a big selection.
The new outdoor seating is brilliant for the nights it's getting cooler and if you want to sit outside with the comforts of inside too!
Plenty of inside and outside seating.
Dogs are allowed on a lead in the garden.
Staff are friendly.
The bar gets busy of an evening, as you'd expect, but I've never had problems.
My only gripe is parking. If you park in the main front parking area, be careful as 3 cars can fit in each space and you will get blocked in if you don't park selfishly. Staff not very helpful at helping to find a car owner if your blocked in either.
Overall a brilliant place to eat traditional pub food and very reasonably priced!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank carinacrain

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly pub and very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Walkford is a large modernised pub with an emphasis on dining. As far as I am concerned it offers the best value food and drink in the area. Many inside and outside locations to dine, large beer garden. Nice selection on beer, lager and wine.
The staff were very friendly, the service good.
The only small downside is if your sat outside, the road in front is fairly busy and a little noisey but not the end of the world.
Always appears to be very busy so I think this speaks for itself. Try this place, cosy nice place and I cannot reiterate what amazingly great value it offers.

Visited August 2013
New Milton, United Kingdom
“Budget Quality Food , Rude staff , & Dogs next to us Eating”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would not want anyone to have the bad experience my family suffered . Small portions of sub standard burnt food . Dated decor , Bad smell in whole bar & food area . & we were probably the only people there under 75 . Bar maid was rude & abrupt & did not accept there was a problem , clearly no training or customer curtesy . Dogs in bar next to food tables & bad smells . After the meal we felt sick , Thank God we left most of it so we are still here to let others know how we found this sham of a pub.

1 Thank Mike G
“Excellent food and drink variety to accompany brilliant service by welcoming staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I recently visited the pub for an evening meal, the pub was very busy but the staff seemed to be managing excellently, they were friendly, went out of their way to help my family and I and topped of the delightful atmosphere of the pub. Despite being busy the food was of high quality and quickly served. An all around excellent pub, well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013
“Bar area smells.Wouldn't return.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visiting the area for a weeks break and having only arrived at around five pm,we had phoned a few places for something eat and found most fully booked, some all weekend and so initially considered ourselves lucky to find a table here.
We noticed straightaway there was a strange smell in the bar area and we couldn't decide whether it was damp clothing or stale urine.
There seemed to be an imbalance of staff with four vocal females behind the bar and only two serving food. Our food took around forty-five minutes to appear and was certainly nothing to write home about. The vegetables accompanying my chicken were burnt and the mushroom sauce, (£1.75 extra), was cold.
The food can best be described as being on a par with school dinners.
Admittedly the place was quite busy but I cannot imagine locals would form the bulk of clientele seeking food. You'd only eat here once!

4 Thank courvoisier52