“A Great Evening Out”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Walkford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We visited Walkford again after having had such a lovely meal and great time a few months ago. We were certainly not disappointed. 3 of us chose the Burger which comes complete with 'Mucky Chips' (Chilli, Cheese and Chips!!) - Well - we didn't need any sweet!!
The variety on the menu is excellent! - The waiting staff were superb!! - and considering just how BUSY it was, wow!!!
We made a telephone booking, and the staff could not have been more welcoming!
We will definately be visiting again - We would strongly recommend The Walkford.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We returned to The Walkford purely with the intent of having the Curry Club special deal. This is on a Thursday at The Walkford, but with other Greene King pubs, the day varies.

Firstly I would say that this is a pub curry and I wouldn't necessarily compare it to some 'authentic' Indian on the Balti Mile, but the essential taste and flavours are a fair Indian experience. The pub, as usual was packed; this pub not does not only do good value food, but excellent drink offers too, which ensures a full resturant most evenings.

Although the menu is concise, there is something for everyone; the wife, a vegatarian, raved about her Vegetable Masala as I did with my Chicken Tikka Masala. Both meals came with a small naan bread and Rice. Also included in the deal is a selection of drinks from a pint of lager, bitter or cider, glass of wine or a selection of soft drinks. The cost of drinks is reasonable in the pub so it isn't a case of cheaper meals to subsidise a costly bar. Far from it, we stayed afterwards to share a bottle of wine.

This isn't a special occasion restaurant, but the food and value mean that this can be a regular haunt for when you want something tasty and not too expensive.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very often have lunch here on a Saturday with my Mum and sometimes my daughter before we go shopping. The food is always good and the portions are very generous. The restaurant area is very comfortable and in winter it is warm and cosy.Service is usually really fast.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Absolutly brilliant! excellent food great value for money, very pleasant and helpful staff. Will be back!

1  Thank maz044
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have visited this Pub / Restaurant on several occasions and have been generally impressed by the value of not only the food, but by the drinks. On this visit I was left slightlty disappointed.

The Walkford is owned by Greene King and offers lots of special themed eating days; curry and a drink, steak and a drink etc. On Friday when we visited the only specials were the two meals for £8.95. We took advantage of getting two meals at this price.

I had previously had the excellent chilli, which has subsequently removed off the menu - instead I chose the chilli in a tortilla basket. My wife had the five bean chilli that came in a basket also. This is where the disappointment started.

My chilli in a basket with salad arrived looking like a salad in a basket with a tablespoon of chilli on top. My wife's vegetarian option appeared to have a bit more substance to it. Although she had commented that vegetarian options were severely limited on the main menu. Although tasty, it wasn't exactly what I expected and took a second look at the menu to ensure that I hadn't read the menu incorrectly. I spent the majority of my meal playing 'hunt the chilli!'

Good points the drinks are really competetively priced, with a bottle of wine starting at £8. Despite my unhappiness I will return; This time I would either take somehing off the bar menu; sandwich and chips or attend on one of the themed nights.

1  Thank michael p