“Lovely Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very often have lunch here on a Saturday with my Mum and sometimes my daughter before we go shopping. The food is always good and the portions are very generous. The restaurant area is very comfortable and in winter it is warm and cosy.Service is usually really fast.

• Visited December 2012

Highcliffe, United Kingdom
“Steak night”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Absolutly brilliant! excellent food great value for money, very pleasant and helpful staff. Will be back!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank maz044
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Great deal - shame about my meal”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have visited this Pub / Restaurant on several occasions and have been generally impressed by the value of not only the food, but by the drinks. On this visit I was left slightlty disappointed.

The Walkford is owned by Greene King and offers lots of special themed eating days; curry and a drink, steak and a drink etc. On Friday when we visited the only specials were the two meals for £8.95. We took advantage of getting two meals at this price.

I had previously had the excellent chilli, which has subsequently removed off the menu - instead I chose the chilli in a tortilla basket. My wife had the five bean chilli that came in a basket also. This is where the disappointment started.

My chilli in a basket with salad arrived looking like a salad in a basket with a tablespoon of chilli on top. My wife's vegetarian option appeared to have a bit more substance to it. Although she had commented that vegetarian options were severely limited on the main menu. Although tasty, it wasn't exactly what I expected and took a second look at the menu to ensure that I hadn't read the menu incorrectly. I spent the majority of my meal playing 'hunt the chilli!'

Good points the drinks are really competetively priced, with a bottle of wine starting at £8. Despite my unhappiness I will return; This time I would either take somehing off the bar menu; sandwich and chips or attend on one of the themed nights.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank michael p
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A good lunch”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I popped in for lunch today at this busy suburban pub. Service was pleasant, speedy and efficient; the menu was typical of such pubs - basic, not very imaginative, and probably out of the freezer. The pub also offers flame grill specialities which did not tempt me.
My food (haddock and chips) arrived in five minutes; totally fit for purpose; ale choice is from three in the Greene Kings' portfolio.

• Visited January 2013
“Great pub restaurant”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been coming here for years both for the bar side and the restaurant and I've never been disappointed.

The staff are always friendly and the food is always well made and tasty.