I came to Gwinny for the 5 day optimal wellbeing retreat- as my 40th birthday gift from my most wonderful husband.
I have been on my own journey to wellness for a few years since beginning to study nutritional medicine.
I arrived completely exhausted after a long full time semester juggling 3 kids, husband and household... And promptly fell in an emotional heap.
I did the "personal transformation" therapy while i was there, and it was the most amazing life-changing session, as was the whole Gwinganna experience.
The activities- both yin and yang were fantastic and really varied- the Nia dance, fitball drumming, and tribal dance, silence walk, were all highlights, yoga, meditation and bushwalking also fab.
Every program leader and presenter we met was warm and engaging, sharing their own personal story of wellness, Donna was our program manager for the week, and i thought she was amazing. As was Shelly the gardener. Both such inspiring women.
The food was absolutely delicious, creative and plentiful. I never felt hungry. I felt like i ate as much or more than i do at home. That said i also lost 4kgs in the week- more likely to do with the stress release and increased exercise.
I stayed in a heritage room, which was quaint, and very comfortable, but the floorboards were intrtconnected with other rooms and was concious of movement and noise in nearby rooms, and the shower over bath wasn't great- i mostly showered at the spa in the afternoons anyway! And really i was only in my room to sleep and dress. That said- next time I will go the little extra for an orchard suite.
I loved meeting and sharing with the rest of the group, and enjoyed the communal aspect, and I met and really connected with a number of great people. Many of whom were really incredible kind and supportive when I had my "emotional day". I would definitely recommend going on your own- get more out of it- I think going as a couple would be a little isolating.
All the treatments I had in the spa were sensational. And the steam room is divine.
I will definitely be saving my pennies to come again, and would recommend to all my friends who are serious about discovering themselves And finding a path to wellness. It really is sensational.
I arrived a mess. And flew home calm, peaceful and the absolute best version of myself, 2 weeks on and I'm still committed to the vision, but I would say that the transition to a victorian winter and 3 kids on school holidays took the shine off a few of my new goals- like keeping up the sunrise qi gong!
Just go with an open mind- you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a world of busy, Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat stands apart as the destination to help you rest and revive and inspires you to live a healthier life. Whether you stay for a spa weekend over two nights or the popular detox program over seven days, you will connect with supportive professionals who will teach you resilience in the modern world.Australia's award winning lifestyle retreat is surrounded by ocean and valley views in the Gold Coast hinterland, with exceptional facilities including the stunning Spa Sanctuary, one of the largest spas in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy delicious organic cuisine, an extensive range of activities and stylish accommodation including luxury villas. Gwinganna.....for the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Hotel Tallebudgera
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Australia/Gold Coast, Queensland