“The best kind of experience because you FEEL so good- Just do it!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tallebudgera
Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tallebudgera
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Gwinganna really offers something amazing for everyone and you will be so glad you experienced what a special environment it is-the sensational location, incredibly caring and professional staff, delicious cuisine, variety of activities to choose from if you choose to, the informative and entertaining seminars and of course the friends you make!
Do yourself a favour- book this nurturing, restorative experience and really see how it feel to be well!
Leonie Sydney

Room Tip: There are a variety of room prices to choose from, however, you are not in your room a lot so I don...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have done the 3 day explore and the 7 day detox. I enjoyed the 3 day discovering as the detox was very tough.
The accommodation is extremely clean and neat. There was wildlife everywhere which was great to see.
The food really is exceptional, vegetarian and plenty of it. The educational seminars are held by experts that are top in their field.
The spa treatments is my favourite part. I found them unique in style and I didn't feel pressured to buy products.
I was disappointed that the skin care range they offer in the spa was not organic and was from another country when we have the best certified organic skin care made here is OZ. Other then that I cant fault the place.

I fear I "DO" Gwinganna all wrong. I wait until I am in such a physical, mental mess and the poor kind folk glue me back together.
I am a company director, single mum and I pile everything onto my plate. Once a year I claw my way up the mountain to be resuscitated.
Gwinganna is my safe place where I honestly feel loved and valued. I really go there to be soothed and I challenge them to find my switch off button. I meet brilliant inspiring guests that remain my friends, even today. The place calls the magnificent people! Love it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sonya D
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Gwinganna was a most amazing experience. I have never felt so acknowledged for exactly who I am. I am still recovering from an illness and am not very strong (yet). No matter what I did or didn't do, I was totally accepted and it felt so good. I was encouraged to listen to my body at every turn of events. I also want to comment on the excellence of the staff. Whether receiving a massage or a consultation or being waited on at an evening meal, staff was intent on making my experience the best it could be. I'm going back and taking friends this time.

Room Tip: All rooms have air conditioning and ceiling fans and windows - my experience was one of total comfor...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Maggie A
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The 7 day detox at Gwinganna was everything I hoped it would be - relaxing and informative with a very sharp eye on a holistic approach to health. It wasn't a boot camp (this is not a fat farm) but a place to reenergise and spend time learning about your health with other like minded people. The accomodation and facilities were absolutely perfect, beautiful beds, bathrooms and toiletries but with a lovely rustic Australian bush feel to it. The food was presented for each meal in Michellan chef hatted style - it is those details which took the experience from bivouack to very very stylish. The staff were attentive and dedicated - it was a real pleasure to spend time with like minded people from across the region (NZ included!), discussing our careers, adventures, families as well as tips for a long and healthy life - it's going to be my yearly treat!

Room Tip: I stayed in a villa with a plunge pool which was a real treat but the accomodation is quality across...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank MK702014
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been coming to Gwinganna ever since it opened and it has consistently been improving its offerings. I cannot think of any other retreat (and I have been to many) where there is such an outstanding combination of location, staff, healers, program and interesting people to get to know.

The location in divine rainforest bushland is wonderfully peaceful and, at the same time, energising. There are beautiful birds and wildlife and an organic vegie garden provides superb fresh produce for the creative meals. No matter what your dietary needs they provide for you with no fuss.

The staff shine positive energy and are extremely knowledgeable and talented facilitators. The program is outstanding to help anyone rediscover their unique self - whether it is learning the latest on health and fitness and practicing it to finding a higher connection to your self and your potential or gaining greater insight and clarity.

Everything is optional so it's up to you to choose. That being said, it's a motivational group of leaders and the diverse range of guests all contribute their own unique stories into the mix.

If you want to live your best life this is the place to go!

Room Tip: if you can stay in a villa it is worth it for the extra privacy and space. though you may not spend...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tania d
Gwinganna, General Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Tania d,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review. It makes us very happy that your experience was once again a positive one. We are fortunate to be able to take care of a diverse and interesting group of guests each and every week and the energy you bring as a guest also helps us create the entire Gwinganna experience.
Guests often comment about the staff and the location before they comment about our extensive facilities. The land at Gwinganna is something very special we agree and the staff are all committed to enhancing your stay with us.
Thank you again and our very best wishes for the year ahead.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I went to Gwignanna, pregnant and was looking forward to relaxation and pampering. The food portions were restricted. I was hoping for beautiful, fresh abundance of juices, healthy desserts etc but this was not the case. They served freshly squeezed juices once for afternoon tea and dessert at the last lunch only. I was actually hungry a lot of the time. Morning and afternoon tea were usually a small bliss ball each.
My room, one of the orchard suites had mosquitoes in it which kept me awake at night. I was given a bottle of mosquito repellant and told there was nothing else they could do.
Treatments at the spa were ok but not of a high consistency; it was a mixed bag depending on who you got. In my opinion not worthy of the inflated prices charged eg $90 for a pedicure.
I mostly enjoyed my time at Gwinganna and met some interesting people and really that was the highlight for me.
Having said that, I would not necessarily recommend it to others.

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank StarNvigator
Gwinganna, General Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear StarNvigator,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry that your stay was not ideal. We would love to be able to discuss this further with you if you would like to contact us directly.
One of our focus areas is pregnancy and so we make sure our team are aware when a guest is pregnant so we can deliver all the requirements needed to make a stay more enjoyable. This also means considering any special needs, especially with regard to food.
In a bushland environment we soemtimes find that mosquitoes are more prevalent depending on the weather which presents an ongoing challenge for us.
The feedback we receive from our spa therapists is outstanding. Many of our guests are well travelled and say the therapists are amongst the best they have had. Our apologies that you did not find this.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

If you are run down exhausted broken down and keep indulging in bad habits to cope, and need to just redjust to equilibrium, this is the place.

Healthy but relaxing and energising.

The morning Tai Chi and then a walk or aquaaerobics, followed by apple cider shots and a healthy breakfast.

Mind blowing talks about health every day. It really has changed my views about my lifestyle and what I eat and how I sleep and how I approach exercise.

There are great activities to do in the morning and plenty of facilities to hang out if you want to be alone or swim or use the gym or do nothing - the grounds are beautiful.

The snacks and lunch are healthy but amazing.

The afternoon is dedicated to relaxing and pampering at the spa. I have next been to such a beautiful spa with such up to date therapies and wonderful caring healing therapists. I wish I could have stayed longer to try everything.

Night is mediatation or music therapy or other things. Dinner is always amazing, and you sit in groups so there is never any feeling alone if you are travelling alone. There were a lot of people there on their own - good place to be alone to sort your head out without feeling the stigma of being alone. Lots of people are there for similar reasons and interested in the health and healing and other messages, so you have plenty to talk about.

The final night gathering is such a charming idea.

If you want to give up smoking, drinking, readjust your body clock, get motivated to start a new diet, this is for you.Spend a week starting to healthier you with the best support and pampering and healthy messages that you could hope for. You will feel confident and energised to keep it up when you get home. Cannot recommend it highly enough for people who know they have to change their lifestyle.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ChrisVic2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallebudgera
Peppers Soul
#4 of 7 in Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach

Been to Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat? Share your experiences!