I went to Gwignanna, pregnant and was looking forward to relaxation and pampering. The food portions were restricted. I was hoping for beautiful, fresh abundance of juices, healthy desserts etc but this was not the case. They served freshly squeezed juices once for afternoon tea and dessert at the last lunch only. I was actually hungry a lot of the time. Morning and afternoon tea were usually a small bliss ball each.
My room, one of the orchard suites had mosquitoes in it which kept me awake at night. I was given a bottle of mosquito repellant and told there was nothing else they could do.
Treatments at the spa were ok but not of a high consistency; it was a mixed bag depending on who you got. In my opinion not worthy of the inflated prices charged eg $90 for a pedicure.
I mostly enjoyed my time at Gwinganna and met some interesting people and really that was the highlight for me.
Having said that, I would not necessarily recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a world of busy, Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat stands apart as the destination to help you rest and revive and inspires you to live a healthier life. Whether you stay for a spa weekend over two nights or the popular detox program over seven days, you will connect with supportive professionals who will teach you resilience in the modern world.Australia's award winning lifestyle retreat is surrounded by ocean and valley views in the Gold Coast hinterland, with exceptional facilities including the stunning Spa Sanctuary, one of the largest spas in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy delicious organic cuisine, an extensive range of activities and stylish accommodation including luxury villas. Gwinganna.....for the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Hotel Tallebudgera
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Australia/Gold Coast, Queensland