I was terribly disappointed by my weekend stay at Gwinganna. So much so I wrote an email to management and did not hear back from them.
The worst part of my weekend by far was turning up to the Spa for my treatment only to be told that my therapist was unable to make it in and that there was nothing they could do.
I spent the next rainy 6 hours holed up in my room, with the only advice from staff to "read a book or take a steam room". Which I had already done that morning, thanks all the same.
Spending all that time looking forward to something and forking out good money only to be let down by deplorable service really tainted my entire weekend.
It was kind of a comedy of errors from the time we booked.
On making the original booking, a day later we were told that what we had booked was actually sold out so they had to upgrade us, with us footing the bill, of course.
We had 3 missed calls on the way to the retreat with reception trying to find out where we were (they knock off at 5pm and obviously didn't want to hang around) even though they had been told in advance we were going to be stuck in traffic coming from Brisbane.
The welcome through the front gate was negligible, giving no instructions on where to go.
The connecting doors in our rooms were locked when we finally checked in and got there. We were told advised the doors would be unlocked which they never were.
The clients who had been there for the full 7 day program before we had arrived appeared to receive preferential treatment.
I wish I had taken note of the other POOR tripadvisor ratings. I would have booked at The Golden Door. In fact, I'm contemplating booking in there now because I'm more stressed after my Spa Weekend at Gwinganna than when I had arrived.
On a positive note, the view is great. (If you love power lines, you'll like it even more!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a world of busy, Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat stands apart as the destination to help you rest and revive and inspires you to live a healthier life. Whether you stay for a spa weekend over two nights or the popular detox program over seven days, you will connect with supportive professionals who will teach you resilience in the modern world.Australia's award winning lifestyle retreat is surrounded by ocean and valley views in the Gold Coast hinterland, with exceptional facilities including the stunning Spa Sanctuary, one of the largest spas in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy delicious organic cuisine, an extensive range of activities and stylish accommodation including luxury villas. Gwinganna.....for the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Hotel Tallebudgera
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Australia/Gold Coast, Queensland