“Notforbrokenfolk”

Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tallebudgera
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The food, kitchen and wait staff fabulous as was the spa and the spa treatments. Some luxurious accommodation BUT if you have a chronic or acute injury, it is not good. I would recommend the Golden Door (particularly in the Hunter Valley). The range of options to get moving at Gwinganna were limited to the morning and only after complaints were pilates and other options put on as an alternative to rough bush walks (or runs) for guests who were constrained by injury. To add to the frustration, more than a third of the gym cardio equipment was broken for the whole 7 days I was there and the pool heating was broken. People looking to get fit or relax who don't have any acute or chronic injuries would enjoy. Otherwise I'd check out other health retreats.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Holacious

Reviewed February 19, 2013

A wonderful place to reconnect with your healthier self. Great staff, wonderful accommodation, beautiful surroundings, dynamic movement classes, informative lectures, superb fresh organic cuisine, awesome steam room & heated pool.
The extensive spa menu is amazing.
I did a 7 day detox week. And I have also done a 5 day optimum health program (4yrs ago) both exceeded my expectations.
The best thing about the Gwinganna experience for me is all the "like-minded" friends you make.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Leezy72
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the place you need to stay at when you are feeling stressed out and you are wanting a break away. It is a very peaceful place and everyone is there for the same reason, to take care of themselves ;) The accomodation is beautiful as are the grounds. The spa is amazing and the treatments are outstanding. The Therapists in my opinion are very in tune with the whole concept of peace and quite and they respect that it is really all about you by not discussing anything other than your needs from your treament. You will leave feeling ready to tackle the busy world once again, but with a quieter mind ;) I will stay hear again definitely.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have you ever felt like where do me go? Life just took over with all the needs of family, friends, work. Now you love all those things but some where YOU got lost. You became tired, oh so tired!!

I went away with a open mind and ....

Well I can honestly say the Staff, the program and the location of Gwinganna is truly magical. I can say honestly it was overwhelming, adventurous, relaxing, exciting, fun, rejuvenating and so much more. I went for well I thought time out to be honest but came away with so much more....

I went on my own. Many people recommend that they have found from past experience this is better but it would be great with a close friend or partner too. Depends on your needs.

I came away with Tools for me to be me, ways to have fun with health and wellness ( not fitness). Reeducated. Fantastic daily seminars. The staff met me where I was at. Always the one in control didn't think I would need help in that area.

So go with an open mind. Listen to you heart or maybe it is closed at the moment but after a week at Gwinganna lots of possibilities are there for you. Recommend the Equine Experience with Sue ( A highlight). Also Drums Alive and tribal dancing fun!!

Their Day spa is out of this world too! 5 Star. Always book in more than you think you need. By the end of the week not much left. Pays to speak to a Duty Manager ie Donna on arrival and discuss what you are after then ask what they recommend for you. Or go with the flow.

Food nutritiousness and wholesome. Delicious. Accommodation lots of choices. I stayed in the orchard suites. Modern but homely too!

Congratulations to Sharon and her team for a winning formula and an awesome program. My girlfriend who recommended Gwinganna said this "It's certainly not a resort..... But .... a place where you can hear your spirits soft secrets as it whispers across the hilltop and into your heart...."

It certainly does that. Enjoy!

Room Tip: When booking a room I would tell them you needs while looking the website. My first room was way to...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kristine A
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What an experience - 5 days of healthy organic food " to die for" , exercise classes and alternatives for every fitness level. Choose a hike in the gorgeous hills on the property, water aerobics, dance or yoga - whatever your fitness level and interest. The seminars on lifestyle, health and fitness were excellent and interesting and an unexpected bonus.

Come the afternoon at Gwinganna its relaxing time - choose a treatment from a myriad of choices at the day spa , have a swim , go for a walk.

I came home relaxed, fitter, healthier and with a lot more knowledge about my health choices.

Room Tip: I chose the Heritage Suites - good views , king size beds, very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank LouieJ50
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've had the pleasure of going for the 7 night detox over New Years and still cant believe how much this has changed me and my outlook on healthy food.
After arrival and introduction we quickly settled in to our beautiful surroundings. I stayed at one of the villas and the views were amazing. You have you own little plunge pool on your balcony and you also get to drive around in your little golf buggy, which is lots of fun.
The first 3 days were not easy, I'll admit. On the Detox retreat you don't get coffee, alcohol, sugar, bread etc. I had withdrawal symptoms like headaches and nausea. I wanted to sleep lots and was craving coffee like I had never before! That was when the Gwinganna team was fantastic. They are always on hand if you feel just the slightest bit out of sorts and help you with natural remedies. I can't praise them enough!
The food is another thing that will let you forget that you are detoxing. It's simply amazing, delicious organic food.
The Spa has to be seen to be believed. Everyone is extremely friendly and they know what they are doing. I've had some fabulous treatments and there really is something on the spa menu for everyone. Yes, it's pricey, but well worth it in my humble opinion. The steam room is another thing that you'll want to take home! After all these heavenly treatments you will be very happy to rush back to bed after dinner, even if its only 8:30pm...
Then you'll have the seminars and they just opened my eyes. Every day I was looking forward to the new one and every time i was amazed by how simple you can change lots of aspects of your life.
After about 3 days my withdrawal symptoms went away and I started feeling different. After missing the first few mornings (you get woken up at 5:30am for a 6am activities start - optional!) because I just wanted to sleep, suddenly I couldn't wait to get out if bed and be active - wow. It's really just how they say it is! I still cant get over the change in me. Even now, after about 4 weeks, I still don't touch coffee or bread and sugar and it does make a difference. My anxiety has gone and I'm happy and energetic again. I will definitely keep recommending this amazing program to whomever wants to listen. And of course I will go back! One thing is important to mention. Go alone, most guests do and you will meet some great people.

Room Tip: If you can spare the money, definitely book a villa!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Dani3322
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Gwinganna is good for the body, soul and mind. I haven't stopped boring people about my wonderful Gwinganna experience since I returned home from the seven day detox last Thursday. I can't say enough about its delights, from qigong first thing in the morning till bed immediately after dinner - in the most amazing accommodation. The level of knowledge of the staff and their commitment to our well being was beyond expectation - in fact way beyond expectation is my overall rating of this health gift you should offer yourself.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Jennifer W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallebudgera
Palazzo Versace
Bay of Palms Resort
Bay of Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in Elanora
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat? Share your experiences!