The food, kitchen and wait staff fabulous as was the spa and the spa treatments. Some luxurious accommodation BUT if you have a chronic or acute injury, it is not good. I would recommend the Golden Door (particularly in the Hunter Valley). The range of options to get moving at Gwinganna were limited to the morning and only after complaints were pilates and other options put on as an alternative to rough bush walks (or runs) for guests who were constrained by injury. To add to the frustration, more than a third of the gym cardio equipment was broken for the whole 7 days I was there and the pool heating was broken. People looking to get fit or relax who don't have any acute or chronic injuries would enjoy. Otherwise I'd check out other health retreats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a world of busy, Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat stands apart as the destination to help you rest and revive and inspires you to live a healthier life. Whether you stay for a spa weekend over two nights or the popular detox program over seven days, you will connect with supportive professionals who will teach you resilience in the modern world.Australia's award winning lifestyle retreat is surrounded by ocean and valley views in the Gold Coast hinterland, with exceptional facilities including the stunning Spa Sanctuary, one of the largest spas in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy delicious organic cuisine, an extensive range of activities and stylish accommodation including luxury villas. Gwinganna.....for the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Hotel Tallebudgera
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Australia/Gold Coast, Queensland