Having read some exuberantly enthustiastic reviews on the Gwinganna website, I was somewhat sceptical about claims of a "life changing experience" attributed to celebrities and mere mortals alike.
Therefore I have to admit to approaching a 5 day stay with some reservations. In the introductory briefing I recall looking around the room and noting there were several very tired & stressed looking people amongst our group.
My wife demanded that I remain open minded and I was delighted to note that by the time our 3rd day [tricky Tuesday] arrived, the withdrawal symptoms from caffeine and alcohol 'deficiency' had affected my 'better half', much more than myself !
As others have noted the facilities, service and optional activities were top class IMHO and we really fault the experience.
I personally learned that after retiring from a very active sporting career, and getting older, I needed to make some serious adjustments to my lifestyle, including reducing portion sizes in meals, chewing my food better, drinking more water [as well as being more selective about the quality & quantity of alcohol] while making an effort to get more exercise and stretching to replace my previous training regime. All in all, a good lesson in how to adapt to and minimise the effects of ageing.
The proof of the pudding was very evident in the final session, our group [which I think I'd described as a 'sorry looking bunch of individuals'] had been transformed into a vastly more energetic, healthy and vital looking group of people, after just 5 days !
I can't say we've been able to religiously stick to every one of the recommendations made to us, but we have certainly changed many aspects of our lifestyle for the better, following our stay at Gwinganna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a world of busy, Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat stands apart as the destination to help you rest and revive and inspires you to live a healthier life. Whether you stay for a spa weekend over two nights or the popular detox program over seven days, you will connect with supportive professionals who will teach you resilience in the modern world.Australia's award winning lifestyle retreat is surrounded by ocean and valley views in the Gold Coast hinterland, with exceptional facilities including the stunning Spa Sanctuary, one of the largest spas in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy delicious organic cuisine, an extensive range of activities and stylish accommodation including luxury villas. Gwinganna.....for the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Hotel Tallebudgera
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Australia/Gold Coast, Queensland