“Hidden Treasure - Locals love this place.”
Review of Sayang

Sayang
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Excellant food and great service, this is true Malaysian cuisine at its finest, not an extensive menu, but always check the specials board, we had Snapper Curry the other night, and I was tempted to go back the following night for another. Its BYO so take a wine worthy of fine food, you wont be disappointed, Les is a great chef and nothing is to much trouble for "Ruth" not her real name.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very good food, quick service, cozy atmosphere, excellent value for money. Authentic Malaysian cuisine, popular with locals, which is a great credit to this lovely family restaurant. We usually grab a bottle of wine from the bottle store next door as it's BYO. I find the place down to earth and relaxing.

Love garlic crepes ("roaties") for starters, Malibu prawns and devil lamb, cumin potatoes and coconut rice for sides. You can order spicy food to your liking: mild, medium or strong. Good size portions.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are locals and absolutely love coming here! food always fresh and delicious and the service is exceptional.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time my wife and I have tried this Asian food restaurant tucked away behind the main cafe strip at Paradise Point. All the staff were very friendly and the interactions we observed with patrons at other tables clearly suggested that was the norm. The interior decor was somewhat haphazard which gives Sayang a quirky charm. For entree my wife had lentil soup and I had the spicy Malaysian chicken satay. For main we both chose dishes of the day from the chalk board. My wife had snapper biryani with a mango chutney while I had sliced duck breast in an oyster & sesame sauce. My duck was succulent and the vegetable ingredients crispy fresh. We both had the sago gula Melaka for dessert. We enjoyed all 5 dishes. BYO only, but a BWS conveniently located next door. This is a fabulous little family run restaurant which we will be introducing to our friends and family.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

8 of us. Great food, great atmosphere, service wonderful and the food was fresh, delicious and mouth wateringly fabulous. Easy parking and BWS next door for wine if u want to byo. Highly recommend this restaurant to all!!!