“Quite good”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wincle
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Village pub in the peak district, close to Leek, macclesfield and buxton. Everyone welcome, all the family, including children and dogs. We are open all day, everyday.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Quite good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place is a pretty good pub. It has good food at reasonable prices and decent servings. Not spectacular but not bad either

Visited July 2014

“Great pub that deserves great reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this pub many times over the past few years and several times in recent months...I'm pleased to say that it Its returned to form and on the visits that I have made here over the past year the food has been great,the wine fab and the service excellent. I cannot fathom why anyone would write a bad review of this place...it's the perfect summertime lunch stop as far as I'm concerned!!

Visited June 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Pleasant food, beautiful setting and caring publicans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had a family meal - 7 of us and my niece was feeling ill. The publicans showed real concern, which was lovely. the steak and venison pie was very tasty as were all the meals.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful place for Sunday Lunch on a special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've been to the Ship Inn at Wincle on one previous occasion so I knew before getting there this time, that the food and service were better than ordinary. However, this time it exceeded my expectations. It was dad's birthday and it proved to be the perfect place for a celebration.

It's a lovely pub surrounded by beautiful countryside and provides excellent home cooked food, and fantastic service from friendly and efficient staff. Both times I've visited, I haven't been able to fault anything. I'd recommend it and I'll definitely visit again sometime in the future.

• Visited June 2014
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Good beer & Dog friendly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We found this pub totally by accident on a wet horrible afternoon. We popped in and asked if dogs are welcomed. Yes was the reply but could you use this room.... no problem totally fine by us, thank you. A lot of pubs turn you away with dogs so we were happy.
We saw some hikers wearing the blue overshoes which we though was a good idea and no one wearing them were complaining after all it keeps things clean for other users/diners.
The beers were very well kept and the lady serving was polite and helpful.
The menu was on the steep side but the portions being served looked large, we were hungry so food was ordered.
The (I think) landlord was a little 'short' as we ordered each item. I suppose some people would find his manner as being terse. (made no odds to me)
The food shortly arrived it was very tasty and of a good quality.
We will use this pub again.

• Visited May 2014