“Mmmm, delicious”

The Ship Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wincle
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Village pub in the peak district, close to Leek, macclesfield and buxton. Everyone welcome, all the family, including children and dogs. We are open all day, everyday.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've lived in this area for 24 years, and this is easily the best restaurant for miles around. It's not always consistently, and it has the odd bad month, but in general, it's an excellent place to eat, whether you want a romantic dinner, or you're arriving in walking boots with the family and the dog.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just had an excellent meal. One of the best Fish and Chips in a very long time. The Chicken main and the sausage sandwich eaten by my son and daughter was innovative, very well presented and delicious. The deserts were very good. We ate outside with our dog but would have been allowed in. The dog was given water and a biscuit. The service was quick efficient and friendly. I had eaten here a week or so before with nine friends when we ordered the Sharing Platters. These were very good value and enjoyed by everyone. The citrus possett desert was even better than mine! It was not on todays menu so its good to know that the menu changes.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We came to Wincle for a walk today as its our wedding anniversary. Friends had told us it was a good place to walk so we thought we would give it a go. Starting out late from Sheffield we arrived at 12:30 and decided to eat first. We found the Ship Inn. A gem of a country pub. First thing is the warm but not over the top welcome. Then the food, you can normally find fault with pub food but not this one. I had the steak and ale pie and its the best I have ever had. No fat just nice meat. Pat had pork belly, not strips of pork but a large chunk with perfecly cooked meat with a crackle top to boot!! If you are in the area give this place a try and I hope you will be as satisfied as us. Great experiance.

1  Thank Darren P
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had lunch here today with a friend and it was a good experience. The pub is in a beautiful location and is very nicely decorated. We just went for the light lunch option and my oatcake with bacon and black pudding was something a bit different but also local - quite tasty. There were quite a few tempting options on the menu - maybe too many different things for quite a small place.

1  Thank KittyBee_23
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our 2nd visit to the ship and like the 1st it didn,t dissapoint. We were greeted in a proffesional and polite manner. Wine was good, both main courses were excellent. One gripe though my mother wouldn,t share her cheesecake. The landlord had a laugh and a joke with everyone who came in while we were there. Deffinately going back and taking my better half next time.

1  Thank Robertwells