“Alpine Inn Resteraunt was great.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crystal Mountain
Crystal Mountain Hotels Alpine Inn
Seattle, Washington
“Alpine Inn Resteraunt was great.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have a cabin nearby and celebrated our 24th anniversary at the Alpine Inn Restaurant. The staff was great and accommodated our need to make it to the gondola for a beautiful sunset. Food was great. Atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed, but still festive. We were able to walk right in and get seated. They even surprised us with an anniversary slice of cheesecake to go for our gondola ride. We will keep coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LaurenbSeattle

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pineville, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't know where the other places to get good views and pictures of Rainier are but I found this place and it looked great. The day we got there it was clear and we rode the gondola up Crystal Mountain and got an outstanding view of Rainier. Great pictures, great memories, perfect. This is what I came for. But after coming down and having a room for the night there wasn't much else to do. So we tried to relax and do a little trip housekeeping but it was a long afternoon and evening. I've read complaints about food prices (now not before I came and realized there was nothing here) but what else could they be when you're 40 miles from the nearest anything and have to pack everything in here. I should have stopped in Packwood and filled up with snacks and other foods and anything else I might think about needing. Let me say that the staff here really went out of their way to help us with any thing they could. I wound up being ahead of schedule and that was my fault. All this being said if you catch the mountain on a clear day, you'll never forget it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank recorder
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Clearly, the local management has decided to take full advantage of the lack of local competition:
- Alpine Inn restaurant has good food but is expensive for what you get
- Servers are inexperienced (students earning some summer money?) - one of them told us there was an 18% + tax for charging on the room bill, which turned out to be untrue
- Breakfast (buffet) included in the room price mo-fr but served at table for a price sa-su (no information on website)
- Forget trail lunches at $12 per person: you get one sandwich, one bag of salted crisps (who needs salt on a trail?), an apple and condiments. You are supposed to get a bottle of water but we got none. Bring your own stuff.
- Rooms are very basic and small but clean and quiet. Freen wifi only in the lobby.
Crystal Mountain Village is much of the same:
- $20/pp for a gondola trip to have a view on Mount Rainier. Website makes you believe that the views are from the village, which is actually inside a dip. "Restaurant" available at top but we did not go as we felt it would be a trap since no details (open or not, menu with prices, pictures) were given. Save money and have views on Mount Rainier by driving into the park at Sunrise ($15 park entrance fee per car, valid one week)
- Grill was reserved for private parties on the two days we stayed: no alternative to Alpine Inn restaurant
- "Market" is hopeless: we could not even find toothpaste and only junk food was available for sale.
- Nearest gas is at Packwood, 40 miles from Crystal Mountain. Make sure you have enough gas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aipalovik
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had read previous reviews so went in with my eyes open - hence my rating is average; poor would perhaps be more appropriate if I had expected more! However, I want to share 3 surprises in the hope that others will be forewarned and thus not be caught out. 1. I had expected, partly because of what I read, that breakfast was included in the room rate. I booked on the web and didn't see anything either way, so continued with the assumption. On checking in I was told that no, on the weekend they serve a special hot breakfast and that is $12.00 each. Why was there nothing on the website? (Never fear, the take out van at the gondola base makes a mean breakfast burrito.). 2. Having read comments about the restaurant, we planned to scrounge something up, but there are no local stores, the only other restaurant was closed for a function, the take-out van closes at 5pm, and the "gift shop" has little to eat and closes at 6pm, so we landed up in the restaurant. Next time, I would do what I saw another family do - come with a basket of Subway or other sandwiches from Enumclaw, or whatever town you pass through. 3. The Inn advertises wine tasting. At the restaurant, they asked if we wanted to try out the 4 wines they were advertising. We agreed. Neither the waiter nor the leaflet mentioned a price - I guess it was naive of me not to ask - so I was surprised to see the $15.00 tagged on to the bill!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank IanDogless
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

There was very little available accommodation wise near Mt Rainier National Park over the holiday weekend but there were plenty of rooms available at the Alpine Inn. The rates were decent, $95 for a room. The room was "cozy", it was a long time since we slept in a double bed and we found it too small. Wi- fi was available in the lobby area and restaurant/bar. It was very quiet when we stayed, I imagine its quite different in ski season.

Biggest letdown.....the restaurant. The food was terrible and way overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blindlemonpie
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Because we love the Snorting Elk so much, we decided to stay at the Alpine Inn this year. The hotel is old but it was clean and warm. The staff are wonderful. It is basically on the mountain and the breakfast was 5 (five) star! We will make our stay at this hotel a yearly event! It is the perfect place for people who love to ski, eat, drink and have fun!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LeiLani J
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I marked it average just because of it's age. We found it very clean and the staff attentive and friendly. We used Groupon and thought it was a great bargain. The included breakfast was just what we needed before hitting the slopes. They are a short walk to the Gondola. We will be back next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
#4 of 5 in Packwood
Crystal Mountain Hotels
Crystal Mountain Hotels
#2 of 3 in Crystal Mountain

Been to Crystal Mountain Hotels Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!