“Very relaxing and spent some quality time together”
other travelers have booked this property
Relax and Unwind in the beautiful log cabin with Private Hot Tub and games room
Patio area outside log cabin at the end of the cottage View from Cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Relax and Unwind in the beautiful log cabin with Private Hot Tub and games room
Patio area outside log cabin at the end of the cottage
View from Cottage
Original Stone wall from when this was a cowshed
Large lounge with wooden floors & Woodburing Stove
Comfortable lounge to relax with leather sofas.
Main bedroom with Tv
Twin room
Bathroom with Corner Bath and spacious Shower Cubicle
Seperate Toilet and Hand Basin
Beautiful Cardigan Bay where Dolphins can be seen
Playtime
See the dolphins in New Quay
Spacious well equiped kitchen / dining area.
Wintery scene from cottage
So peaceful.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
muzzgirl
Swansea
“Lacked cleanliness. Not worth the £550 for 4 nights!”
Reviewed April 25, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Following our stay at brynmeillion, I feel I had to contact the owner regarding various issues we encountered. Whilst the owner did apologise for all the issues I raised, No partial refund was offered. I am disappointed that I wasted £550 of my hard earned cash to stay in such a poor property.
Firstly I would like to point out that it is not a cottage as advertised- it is a bungalow riddled with damp!!!

Upon arrival I Had to clean fridge, cupboards and dishes before using as they were not very clean.

The heating was not on and the place was freezing. There was also an unpleasant, Musty smell which we soon discovered was because there is a clear damp issue at the property. This was Particularly bad behind the tv cabinet in the twin bedroom. My little boy would not sleep in the single bedroom as he said the wall felt cold and wet and the paint was peeling off. He slept in the double bedroom with me and my husband!
Two chairs in the kitchen were broken. Both a health and safety risk. We refrained from sitting on them for fear of having an accident.
Tin opener was unusable because of broken handles.
We Had to empty ashes from fire before using.
Dusty furniture in bedroom.
Smelly blanket/throw in the lounge- I wouldn't even let my dog lie on it!
Half the light bulbs need replacing in the whole property.

We strongly feel that these issues are unacceptable, especially considering the amount we paid to stay for 4 nights. We have stayed at much higher standard properties in the surrounding area for less money.

We made the best of our week there. Thankfully the location was good and we spent most of our time out and about.
Contacted owner on return home but no offer of refund. It was stated that we should have complained whilst there so she could deal with the issues. How she could magically cure the damp issue in 3 days is beyond me though.
Be aware, I would hate for someone else to spend all this money on such a poor property and feel as disappointed as us.
It was supposed to be a break away to alleviate stress but had the opposite effect really!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jun 1, 2016
Firstly I would like to say I am very sorry if you did have problems whilst visiting our cottage, but feel it is a little unfair posting this review when you did not let me know and see for myself at the time any problems you might have occurred during your stay so I could have addressed each one with you. I was only aware of things in an email after you left the property.
As the property is old and a converted cowshed we do get damp patches from time to time as people tend to keep the doors and windows shut and leave damp clothes hanging around, when the cottage needs to have air around it and it has not been helped with the weather has been very wet, but wasn’t aware of any damp patches even after you left. The 2 chairs that were broken I hadn't been made aware of before your arrival otherwise they would have been changed but again if this had been mentioned during your stay I would have arranged for them to be replaced immediately.
We try to do our best to offer clean and comfortable accommodation and I would hope people would not put dirty plates back in the cupboard or brake things.
We do, do checks on light bulbs and replace as and when required but if 1 had gone I would have replaced them for you if you had asked. As for the fire as it is a wood burning stove the fire requires some ash in it to get the best out of it so we leave a bed of ash in the grate to help it burn better.
I am sorry this impacted on your break away, but I feel it was a great shame I was not advised at the beginning of your break so I could have done something about it while you were there as I want people to enjoy there stay with us like so many people do as noted in our guest book. Please don't be put off this lovely cottage by what these people say as this is there opinion and many people come and return as its such a lovely place to relax and unwind.
Kind regards
LauraM506...
“Lacked cleanliness. Wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed January 19, 2016 for a stay in October 2015

We stayed here with family for a weekend away. The hot tub was lovely & location great, however the apartments were not clean so we spent so much time washing dirty dishes before use & the rooms were set out with lamps on tables but no sockets to plug them in, and TVs in rooms that didn't work. There were no instructions for anything so we couldn't even use the fire & the owner wasn't there to greet us on arrival despite letting her know our arrival time. We had a great weekend but it wasn't as advertised so wouldn't recommend.

Jan 29, 2016
This person stayed in my cottage last October, but it is a shame they did not contact me during or after there stay 4 months ago regarding the problems they seem to have had, as I could have easily rectified them if given the chance whilst they were there. All TV's in the property work and all lamps can be used. There is also an information folder in the cottage with my contact number in if people require any help so i can then assist them. This property is enjoyed by many people who return time after time and not sure what they found was not as advertised.
Zoe T
“Very relaxing and spent some quality time together”
Reviewed September 14, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The cottage was lovely and the owner personally greated us on arrival even though gage cottage was unlocked due to the safety of the location. Hot tub was fabulous and felt totally relaxed in the environment and surroundings. Lots to do with a short drive and local shops to hand. Wished we had a longer stay as felt so comfortable there, like home from home plus some perks :-)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 15, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our cottage for us. So glad you enjoyed your well deserved break. Thanks for coming and maybe meet you again next year:)
Dan W
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE!”
Reviewed July 1, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Myself and my wife spent our honeymoon here and I honestly don't think we could of chose a better place. Beautiful views wherever you look and everything you could ever need. Was really nice to spend our time here and just relax. Plenty of things to do all around and not too far to travel either. A few great beaches nearby where you can take your dogs if you have any :). Couldn't thank Melissa enough for having us. Was the perfect honeymoon (apart from a few car problems).

Will definitely be saving up and coming again in the future! :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 18, 2015
So glad you enjoyed your special occasion staying with us. It was lovely to meet you all. Look forward to seeing you again when you return in December.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing