“i like this place,simple and valuable. .”
Review of Yuttichai Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prachuap Khiri Khan
Yuttichai Hotel
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay if u come for low budget trip. . It is true the owner dont speak good english. But he understand the basic stuff u need. . Wooden and traditional chinese buildingclose to the train station, seven eleven, night market, and more local resto for pirk noodle or hainan rice.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Yulie M

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We only stayed the one night here and we have no complaints about it. Reasonably priced and in a central location close to the train and bus stop. The place was nice and clean, not just the room but every where was, toilets, stair well, hall etc. Only about a 15 min walk to mirror mountain. The cafe downstairs did a good breakfast and the owners had a couple of cute dogs which was nice. Wish we had more time to spend in Prachuap really. Would recommend to backpackers or those on a budget.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

i can just recomment the yuttichai guesthouse. i stay 11 nights in this small guesthouse. allways when i left my room i keep the key at the reception or the housekeeping. they allways cleaned my room and i didnt miss anything from my stuff. the owner´s were very nice and helpfull and were just pissed off when i knocked 3 am on the door when i came home from party ;). something else... yeah the food and baverage was ok otherwise u can go across the street and eat on the night market or u go around the corner there is a 7-11. oh and about the noise i can say only one thing. i sleeped with open window in a room on the mainroad side. i didnt waked up from the " traffic", coz its really a very quiet town with very low traffic so i dont know what the other people hear ;). pls join this place even tough u just go there for breakfast in the morning :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed here as had read about the guesthouse in Lonely Planet and I was tired! Plus it was easy to find - 5 mins walk from train station.
Location is fairly central - close to night market, beach and shops and buses.
Owners don't speak much English but seemed fairly friendly.
I paid about £7/350BHT a night for a room with private bathroom.
Room was clean, had beds to sleep 3 - at a push 4. Cold shower and western style DIY flush toilet, used to that now though. I think I paid a fair price.
They have a coffee shop downstairs and there is free wi-fi. Computers are sloooooooow and cost 30BHT an hour, and there are only 2. I'd say use the internet cafe a couple of blocks away.
Can be a bit noisy during 'waking' hours but I slept well.
I saw other places on the seafront advertising rooms for 300BHT with hot shower. Still think this is fair for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jo_thomson
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in one of the back rooms for 350 baht a night. Room was huge and very clean, 2 beds. Quiet and away from the street. Staff were helpful and friendly. Walking distance to the train station, night market and hill with the temple! Cute dogs as well including an adorable puppy!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank annarpo
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I did not plan to stay here for two weeks. Bangkok is flooded so I run away from the flood and I like Prachuab. I stay in this hotel because it is close to the train station and the van stop to BKK. Personally, I can say that the room is extremely hot although I have turned on the fan. Maybe it is because the room is facing the west. It becomes hot after noon til 5 pm.

The main gate is closed at midnight and normally opens at 545 am. The owner (the woman) is really nice and she always makes sure that my room is clean and stuff. The maids are nice and polite as well although they dont speak English at all.

I guess it is okay to stay for a night or two in this hotel. If I saw another hotel near the train station, I wouldnt stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Try room number 7, 8 and 9 (the ones on the left once you take the stairs)... they may not be as hot...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I come to Prachuap because another traveler recommendation - She stay in Yuttichai one night and move to Happy Inn (Tuk Tuk 40B from Railway Station can reach)

As I arrive Prachuap railway station, it start to rain. I was too lazy to look for another hotel and think just for one night would not hurt. But Yuttichai, turn out to be my worst experience in this 2-months-southern-Thailand holiday.

There R few things update here --
1. Wi-Fi 60B/day -- When using Ur own computer for Wi-Fi.
2. Safety -- window can’t be close and screen can’t be lock..…I asked for another room and it’s the same. The reception said all the room window R like that, so I always carry valuables with me when going out.
3. Maintenances -- All toilet doors, 2 out of 2, in common area R broken, which can’t either be close or lock. There is a string on the door knob...
4. Cleanness in common area -- Lots (hundred) of dead insects on the floor near the washing area and never been cleaned up for 2 day, because I need to use the washing area and saw them every time. Why???

5. Security & Trustable -- I lost my memory stick after using their computer. 2 female workers in charge the lobby area just keep on repeating the same thing to me and look away “I don’t know” “I don’t speak English” !@#$%% There is another short & strange man around, not sure he is the management or hotel friend, even said -- "Now, the management knows that you lost something alreay.” “Go & check your room!”

This is an old establishment and they only care about money and do not care about what guests need or lost. There are some new (Maggie Homestay also has 150-200 single room & more better rooms) & good (Happy Inn, good view 250B in low season) choices for travelers (Maggie offer free InterNet for guest) around the town. My tip is -- “No need to stay here”, just walk a couple blocks more and you will find better for surrounding & atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo