Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
$76
$73
Travelocity
Seacrest Beach Resort(St. Ann's Bay)
$91
$145
$90
  • Pool
$128
Travelocity
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
$606
$512
Bookit.com
Rooms Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)
$115
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
$65
$125
$81
  • Pool
6,069 results
All reviewsdiamond roompier dinnerblue holejade samuraicoral cafemountain viewentertainment staffpizza ovenocho riosjerk chickenwrapspizza placethe grillitalian restaurantpiano barnature walkour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Had an ocean view room 2212 for the past week. I can't wait to go back. We arrived on tuesday and had to wait about 45 minutes for the shuttle to leave. After a long hour and a half bus ride we finally arrived at the jewel. My only complaint is that the shuttle service was constantly hustling for tips, between the baggage handler, driver and the bartender on board. The only one worth it was the driver, he gave us great information the whole drive there. We also made 3 stops on the way.

Upon arrival check in was very quick and from there on it was clear to see why everyone raves about the staff. They were all wonderful. From the bartenders to the entertainment staff we always were greeted with smiles. Everyone there truly handles everything with a no problem attitude.

We ate at all of the restaurants and the Jade was the best, you need to make a reservation as soon as you arrive. We ate at the brick fire pizza every day, it was wonderful. For friday night we made private reservations for dinner for 2 at the end of the pier. It was the best $99 i've ever spent. The food was wonderful, the waitress was wonderful and the ambience was absolutely perfect.

The only reason i didn't give 5 stars is because of the bees, there are hundreds of bees all around the bar areas. The bartenders (especially Damion) were amazing. I don't know how they do their job with that many bees swarming all over. The bus ride was very long as well to and from the resort. Those were my only 2 complaints. Overall the resort is definitely a jewel.

Room Tip: the place is small enough you're never too far from anything
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Big-Jones
DaineG, Guest services Coordinator at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us. We apologize for the bee issue and the shuttle and hope that the rest of your vacation was enough to make it a good memory. Give us another try soon...

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked a day pass here on a recent cruise and it was well worth it. Transportation was provided by JTL. They picked us up at the pier and fifteen minutes later we were sunning on the beach. Food & drinks were included. It was a nice relaxing day off the ship. Our driver Maxwell picked us up and took us back to the ship.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walter W
DaineG, Guest Services Coordinator at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hi Walter,

Thank you reviewing us even with such a short experience. Maybe next time you'll book a vacation here?

Reviewed December 15, 2013

A group of four (two couples) stayed at this resort over Thanksgiving week and had an amazing time. Upon arrival into Montego Bay airport, we had to wait a bit for the shuttle, but there is a Margaritaville right outside where you can order a cold beverage while you wait. The bus ride to Ocho Rios is about 2 hours - which other reviews said was not a great experience. We did not find the ride to be that bad, but you may have to stop at 1-2 other resorts to drop some people off first. Check in was a breezy compared to other places and our room was available right away!

The Jewel resort itself is very small compared to other resorts we have stayed at. We liked this, as it was more quiet and intimate. This property is fun without being over the top like at other all inclusive resorts. They had fun activities such as Battle of the Sexes and Trivia. The pools are nice with plenty of floats and seats at the swim up bars. Their are two hot tubs that are very large and hot! Very relaxing. There is even a resident peacock who hangs out. The entertainment staff was really fun...especially Happy Feet! The service we experienced was great overall.

There are not a lot of restaurants, but the choices are good. Our favorites were the wood fire pizza (all day) and Jade - which is hibachi and reservations are required (probably a few days in advanced). The buffet is really good for breakfast and the grille near the 2nd pool serves amazing jerk chicken all day/night.

We upgraded to the diamond building which gives you conceirge service and ocean views. Worth the cost to us as we had an amazing view and were able to hear the waves crashing on the beach each night. We had top self drink choices fully stocked in our room's bar daily. Note: Room service is included in the concierge rooms and costs in the other rooms.

The beach of course is beautiful, but be warned the property is small, therefore the beach is small. The flip side is the beach is not crowded and you don't have to worry about being bothered by locals trying to sell you stuff. Our only complaints are 1) The nightclub "Bling" did not open until 11pm. It would be great if the nightclub opened earlier. After drinking in the sun all day, we were too tired by that time of night. 2) The mattress in our room was firm.

If you want to do excursions, we really enjoyed venturing off the resort and we climbed the famous Dunns River Falls. A must-do! Overall, great resort and I would highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: We stayed in the diamond building, room #3511. Picture of our view attached.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelinstyle35
DaineG, Guest services Coordfinator at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your promised return. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed at the Jewel Dunns River for a few days in late November - this was not my first stay and the service was excellent as usual and as I've come to expect! I have to say everything was perfect: front desk service, concierge, bars, restaurants, my room, entertainment staff, beach staff. I receive some pretty special treatment because I keep returning and so many staff are so wonderful and work so hard to make people happy. They make it look so easy to do!

All Concierge (especially Marvia) are awesome, no complaints about the bartenders they're all fun and remember my favourites. They will all sing for you but you have to ask :) The food is varied and IMO it's all really good (I'm not a fussy eater).

My preferred room is up high with a mountain view. The view is beautiful at night, quiet and smells like Jamaica :)

The entertainment staff work SO hard to keep everyone happy morning, noon and night. They try to include everyone in activities but they don't bug you if you don't want to participate. And they remember everyone's names - how DO they do that? They are all amazing. And they keep an eye on everyone to make sure you have what you need or answer any questions. Special shout-outs to Babyface, Sassy, Ernesto and Floyd. Thanks for taking such good care of us! You guys made my day, every day.

Room Tip: My preferred room is up high with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Andrea R

Dear Andrea,

It was great having you again. It's always a pleasure to have our guests return and have another great vacation.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to the next visit.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My Husband and I went to the Jewel Dunn's River November 3rd thru November 10th and even though I was sick with Bronchitis and a sinus infection which I probably caught on the plane--all of the staff including the waiters, cooks, bartenders, front desk and entertainment tried to help me feel better. I travel a lot and this has never happened but is not the hotels fault and could not ask for more caring and wonderful people that work at this resort--especially: Damian and Garth the bartender, Shanisse who is new there with her amazing spirit and smile, Captain Hook, Mr. Brown and Asha in the Dive area who were wonderful and miss them and Baby Face from entertainment who was just awesome. These people were some that impacted our stay and can honestly say have never met any nicer people and have been to Jamaica 10 times. The food was great and no complaints and loved the cats on the property. My only issue is if you are a snorkeler, cannot go right off the beach as there is nothing much to see and the water patrol won't let you go beyond the roped off area but can take a tour for $25 an hour and they will take you on the reef but wasn't for me. I do recommend this property to enjoy the gorgeous ocean and just lay back and take some tours.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our staff here are definitely a big part of our success and we thank you for mentioning those that made it great for you. Come back and see us again soon!