Silver Sands Vacation Villas
Melia Braco Village(Rio Bueno)(Great Value!)
$348
$726
Bookit.com
Mangos Jamaica(Falmouth)
$265
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Breakfast included
Silver Creek Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$100
$90
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$133
Hotels.com
Franklyn D. Resort & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$455
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$492
$326
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmaster bedroomvilla martprivate poolred foxgated communitysilver sandsbanana breadendless summerrooftop decklobsterboogie boardsown bathroomminute walk to the beachhouse keeperlifeguard on dutybit datedbeach bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We really enjoyed our vacation at Pineapple Cottage Sept. 13th-19th. This was our 7th vacation in beautiful Jamaica, but the 1st time at a villa/cottage. I wish we knew about this from the beginning! We had a WHOLE house with a private pool, jacuzzi, and staff (9-5 p.m. daily) and the complete vacation price was equal or less than our previous stays at the big resorts!

Ms. Palline (Pauline) is a wondeful cook, housekeeper and person who kept the place spotless and prepared the BEST lobster I ever tasted! Our fresh lobster cost us 7 U.S. dollars a pound delivered to our doorstep by Rasta, who I affectionally called "Rastamon." The curried goat was tender and tasty as well as the other dishes prepared for us. Also, Ms. Palline ironed our clothes for us.

Our cottage included a 62-inch high def T.V., computer with high speed internet, FREE calls to the U.S. and Canada, Bedroom T.V., microwave, stove/oven, full-sized refrigerator/freezer, and anything else you needed! That's right! FREE calls! Amazing!!!

Ms. Palline bought the groceries we requested and presented us the bill for the week. We knew it wasn't all-inclusive but when I did the math we came out equal or less than our previous stays. Groceries for my wife and I were about 300 U.S. dollars for our entire stay. You would spend more or less depending on your meals. Our price included breakfast and dinner including 3 lbs. fresh lobster and garlic shrimp. We were too full to eat lunch ! I had a homemade bananna bread which was tthe best, but I wasn't able to finish it by weeks end!

The only complaint I had was the bedrooms are the only rooms airconditioned, and the ceiling and wall fan in the living room wasn't enough to keep us cool during the day and the dining room was also too warm for us. The next time we visit here would have to be in the cooler months (maybe mid-October thru April).

The grounds and villas are gorgeous, security is 24/7, the Villa Mart at the resort had ANYTHING you needed with reasonable prices, etc., etc., etc.

In conclusion, this was our best vacation ever and Pineapple Cottage and Silver Sands is the best kept secret in Jamaica! Or should I say "WAS" the best kept secret!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AhhJamaica
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We just got back from 10 glorious days at Ebb Tide, Silver Sands and all I can say is, "Ahh...just what the doctor ordered".

Though I have stayed at Ebb Tide several times, I am always left wanting more. From the minute you walk through the lush tropical garden at the entrance of Ebb tide you feel like you are transported to your own personal paradise.

The highlight of Ebb Tide, for me, is the fact that the spacious living and dining area opens right out onto a huge patio which is just steps away from the sea. It is hard to tell where the patio ends and the sea begins! And, OF COURSE, we had breakfast outside on the patio every morning.

Just the mention of breakfast has left my mouth watering. As beautiful as the villa is, the true "charm" comes from the two beautiful ladies who cook 3 meals a day and ensure you do not lift a finger. The home cooked Jamaican dishes we had at Ebb Tide were to die for.

Though my husband and I got married in Jamaica 3 years ago, this was the first trip for my two year old daughter and she loved collecting shells on the little beach in front of the villa. Not the mention, the sea was so crystal clear and calm for our entire stay, it was like a swimming pool and great for our daughter to work on her swimming.

Without a doubt, we will be back to Ebb Tide.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank babyswaby
Reviewed September 16, 2009

The villa was beautiful!!! You could sit on the porch swing and just stare at the beach with nothing blocking your views. Hear the waves crash all nite. It was the best villa in all of Silver Sands!!! Gorgeous! The only complaint is we couldn't get rid of the housekeeper. We tried everything to try to get her to give us space but she would hang around all day even when we asked if we could pay her to leave. The phone would constantly ring and it was always for her. She just made us feel unwelcome like we were in someone else's house. And she wouldn't clean - we had to clean up all the time. The bathroom was dirty and she never washed the floor probably in months. She is a decent cook. So if you're looking for privacy dont go to sea spice. But the villa and the community of Silver sands itself is beautiful! The beach is amazing because it's so quiet and you have basically the whole place to yourself. The store is great and convenient just down the street from sea spice - litterally like 100 feet just in front of the villa to the right.

The bar is expensive though and pretty quiet.

Very nice family place to go.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ancestry_traveller
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Pineapple Villa is a very spacious and luxurious villa in the Silver Sands Resort. Our group of 10 were extremely happy with our choice. The villa is even nicer than the photos on mysilversands website.
Gwendolyn, Angella, Judy and PInky looked after our every need from keeping the whole place immaculate inside and out to the most incredible meals every day. Clothing was washed every day so there is really no need to bring much.
We spent most of our holiday outside either in the pool, the hot tub or lounging on one of the 48 chairs on the huge deck. Although there are 3 living rooms we rarely used them.
We were lucky to meet the owners while were there and they asked us to be honest and tell them how they could make the Villa better. None of us could think of a single thing.
Extra nice touches like high thread count bedding, nice soft towels and enough beach towels for everyone were very much appreciated.
Our food bill for 9 days including water, beer and rum (for the best pina coladas ever) was a very reasonable 303$ per couple.
This is the perfect holiday, great food, great drinks and a lot of laughs shared with best friends.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kanucks
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We enjoyed Silver Sands from the time we were picked up at the airport by their smiling escort - till we said our sad good-byes. Tenesha was our escort to Silver sands along with driver Michael. Both could not have treated us better. We had a short, comfortable ride-including a beverage stop-to the Siversands villas. Upon arriving at Blue Vista Tenesha introduced us to our cook/housekeeper for the week, Miss Lily.

The villa was exactly as it looks on the "mysilversands" web site. It is a three bedroom, three bath home. The dinning room, living room & master bedroom all face the pool area with large, double doors that can be opened. When the doors are open you can sit and view the ocean from any of the rooms. It was lovely. Since there were only two of us we only used the Master bedroom. It had a large, high bed and was so very comfortable. It has its own bathroom (tub & shower) The bedroom has air & an over head fan. It also has a nice size TV. The only thing I wish it would of had is an alarm clock. There Is no clock in the room at all and my travel alarm broke and I was worried about sleeping in and missing our flight home - I know, how terrible to be stranded in Jamaica! There is a safe with a key in the closet area of the Master bedroom, but I never felt I needed to lock anything up.
The living room had a large flat screen TV, a nice selection of books, movies & games (I ran out of books and enjoyed a few of the ones provided there.) Dinning room has two tables a large oval one & a small round one, if needed. The kitchen is very clean & bright. The Pool is nice size and faces the ocean. I loved to get up early and sit by the pool and watch the sun rise over the ocean. The yard was lovely with flowers & trees. It has its own lime tree (Miss Lily made us fresh limeade daily & made us a fresh lime pie) an ackee tree & a grapefruit tree.
Miss Lily was a wonderful cook. She made me a lobster salad that was to die for, as well as curry lobster, jerk pork & jerk chicken, escovitch fish fresh banana bread, curry goat, too many wonderful thing to mention. She also did any washing we needed and kept the house clean and fresh smelling. She was like a second Mom to us, looking out for our welfare and taking a personal interest in us.

Silvesands as a whole is a great place to stay. I feel it is the best of both worlds. You have the privacy of a villa but there are still things to entertain you as found at an AI. The Villa Mart is a great little store to get really anything you can think of - from food items to souvenirs. There is a spa there but I did not go, so I can not comment on their services but their prices looked very good. They had tennis, kayaks & boogie boards to rent. There is an area with computers, if you need to use one while there. The Bar is great we meet such nice people there. Prices are reasonable and most nights there is entertainment. There were many of the villa owners staying the week we were there and we got to meet a few that we so very nice. One owner (Margaret) took us through their villa, the Sea Wyf Cottage. If you are looking for a small 1-2 bedroom right on the beach - this is the place to check out. It is very nice & reasonable. The security at Silversands is very good and very visible. We walked back to our villa after dark a few nights and never felt unsafe. We always passed at least two or more security guards on patrol. Our rep at Silversands call us a few times during the week to make sure everything was to our liking and if there were any concerns or anything we needed. I felt this was a very nice personal touch.

I am willing to answer any questions on Silversands or Blue vista.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple