“Would not recommend this place to anybody.”
Review of KFC - Whitstable

KFC - Whitstable
Ranked #2 of 2 Quick Bites in Chestfield
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely grotty.
Firstly, the car park is littered with discarded KFC items, food boxes, salt/pepper/sauce sachets and seagulls squabbling over leftover food that people have thrown out of their cars, I know some people behave like animals and just chuck litter anywhere, but the KFC staff here don't seem to have any interest in keeping the place clean. Not a good start, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
Next, when you enter the "restaurant" one of the first things you notice (apart from the lack of customers) is that the floor is either sticky or greasy, depending on which bit you happen to be walking on.
Then we come to the staff, and whilst I'm sure they are all perfectly nice and well meaning individuals under different circumstances, they don't seem to have a clue, or any interest in the job whatsoever. Ok, I get that they're all on minimum wage and would probably much rather be doing something else, but if I order a Boneless Dips meal I shouldn't have to remind them that I would like dips with the meal, I mean, the clue's in the name, Boneless DIPS?
As for the food itself, it's just meh, usually lukewarm-sitting-in-the-warming-cabinet-for-goodness-knows-how-long-stuff, it tastes like KFC, and if you're hungry and looking for something cheap and cheerful, it fits the bill I suppose.
In summary, the whole feel about this place is: "We're not really interested whether you like it here or not, take it or leave it."

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely fuming !
How hard is it to pick from a list !
Ordered a 10pc wicked variety bucket for a group of people only to get home and find we have no hot wings at all. The chicken was dry and was overcooked.
Tried calling to complain and surprise surprise no answer at all on the phone.
Why should I drive all the way back to complain, answer the phone, customer service disappointing to say the least.
A waste of my hard earned money.

3  Thank Russell O
Reviewed September 10, 2019

I was having lunch with colleagues,when i was totally apalled by the way the manager spoke to the young members of staff at the Chestfield KFC,I could not believe it as it was rude and embarrasing to the staff an public who were there at the time.I felt so sorry for the youngsters involved as did my three colleagues,how can he expect to get the best out of these polite young people when he is so totally vile to them,in front of everyone. I will not be setting foot in this KFC again an nor will my colleagues and it gives this KFC a very bad name.I felt compelled to write this review as it was so awful to see,this so called manager should be disciplined as i think the title has definitley gone to his head an he is abusing his position,One very unhappy customer!!!!

2  Thank Classylady123
Reviewed September 6, 2019

My family and i visited this restaurant and i have to say the service was excellent ,the food very tasty and what was so lovely to see was that this company employs youngsters who clearly want to work hard and get some real life work experience that will help them go far in life rather than them struggling to find jobs and ending up hanging around the streets which could lead them into trouble! Well done KFC its a shame more companys dont follow this example.Would certainly visit this restaurant again!

3  Thank louise t
Reviewed August 29, 2019

Terrible. Even though I was the only person in the queue they still got my order wrong. The chicken looked like it had spent all day in a heat cabinet. It was dry and tasteless. This restaurant has been going downhill for a while. The food is overpriced for what you get. I will not be going there again.

Date of visit: August 2019