“hockey trip”
Review of Ramada Yorkton

Ramada Yorkton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
Reviewed December 4, 2013

the hotel for the price point was more than expected facilities were clean room also quiet at night centered where i wanted to be would stay again if visiting yorkton. the food in the restaurant was more than aceprtable morning breakfast was also good included in the price of the room

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 25, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Lyndon.mr B
Reviewed November 17, 2013

hotel was not bad for the money you pay, staff was friendly, the hotel is very dated and our room was very noisy, either the air or the heater would sound like and airplane was right in your room every 2 minutes whatever it was would go off. pretty annoying. And the bed was super hard both our backs are sore

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darcy T
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel may be old but it well maintained .

A room rate is awesome, a servise is nice, and a room is so clean.

I enjoy the pool and hot tub, even sauna. Sauna is recommended here for the winter.

and one thing is more:

A restaurant and bar are right here!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Coralee L
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I travel frequently and often stay in hotels that do not have a restaurant, but do offer a complimentary breakfast; such as this Ramada. My experience has been that the eating area is open to hotel guests not only at breakfast, but throughout the day. After purchasing a salad to eat in my room, I went into the lunch area and helped myself to 2, small, bread sized, Styrofoam plates to take back to my room. Before returning to my room, I toured the area to locate my meeting room for the next morning. A lone woman sitting at a table in the lounge next to the eating area, and to whom I said a friendly 'hello', apparently noticed the plates I was carrying. Without identifying herself, she confronted me in the hallway outside the eating area and told me I can't take the plates. I politely explained that I was a guest and planned to use them for my meal in my room. The woman turned away, repeating that I couldn't take the plates. I followed her to the eating area to explain and clarify. I apologized and offered to pay for the plates. The woman refused my apology, continuing to walk away. This exchange took place near the front desk and I strongly suspect, based upon the subsequent demeanor of the front desk staff, that they overheard the exchange. Through my own questions I have learned that the food service is a business separate from the hotel. The absence of courteous dialogue with the food service person, the inference that I was a thief, the refusal to accept my apology and the lack of explanation by hotel staff, have ensured that my next stay in Yorkton, will not be the Ramada.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Pamela R
Michelle P, Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

I am so sorry you had such an experience with the restaurant owner. As you know, we are seperate from the restaurant and I honestly can't apoligize enough for this outburst. Our prime concern is customer service to guests within this hotel. This will be strongly addressed to the owner of this restaurant in hopes this will not be ever repeated again. i apoligize again and hope you consider booking with us in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

the room was clean, quiet, with a comfy bed. Danielle greeted me when I arrived on both dates, she had all the information I needed to know. at the continental breakfast on both days was the hostess Jen, smiling, friendly, polite, offering what was available. what was prepared hot, oops, oops nothing hot because the cook decided to not come in!! oh well that happens, we made do with the cold offerings on day 1. day 2, no hot offerings either, but then he meandered in about 20 minutes late. oy vey. Yorkton is a perfect town to have a ramada, lovely with it's tree lined streets and great walking. i'll be back ramada.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo