“Unfriendly service”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
Winnipeg
“Unfriendly service”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I travel frequently and often stay in hotels that do not have a restaurant, but do offer a complimentary breakfast; such as this Ramada. My experience has been that the eating area is open to hotel guests not only at breakfast, but throughout the day. After purchasing a salad to eat in my room, I went into the lunch area and helped myself to 2, small, bread sized, Styrofoam plates to take back to my room. Before returning to my room, I toured the area to locate my meeting room for the next morning. A lone woman sitting at a table in the lounge next to the eating area, and to whom I said a friendly 'hello', apparently noticed the plates I was carrying. Without identifying herself, she confronted me in the hallway outside the eating area and told me I can't take the plates. I politely explained that I was a guest and planned to use them for my meal in my room. The woman turned away, repeating that I couldn't take the plates. I followed her to the eating area to explain and clarify. I apologized and offered to pay for the plates. The woman refused my apology, continuing to walk away. This exchange took place near the front desk and I strongly suspect, based upon the subsequent demeanor of the front desk staff, that they overheard the exchange. Through my own questions I have learned that the food service is a business separate from the hotel. The absence of courteous dialogue with the food service person, the inference that I was a thief, the refusal to accept my apology and the lack of explanation by hotel staff, have ensured that my next stay in Yorkton, will not be the Ramada.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

4 Thank Pamela R
Michelle P, Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I am so sorry you had such an experience with the restaurant owner. As you know, we are seperate from the restaurant and I honestly can't apoligize enough for this outburst. Our prime concern is customer service to guests within this hotel. This will be strongly addressed to the owner of this restaurant in hopes this will not be ever repeated again. i apoligize again and hope you consider booking with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dryden, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

the room was clean, quiet, with a comfy bed. Danielle greeted me when I arrived on both dates, she had all the information I needed to know. at the continental breakfast on both days was the hostess Jen, smiling, friendly, polite, offering what was available. what was prepared hot, oops, oops nothing hot because the cook decided to not come in!! oh well that happens, we made do with the cold offerings on day 1. day 2, no hot offerings either, but then he meandered in about 20 minutes late. oy vey. Yorkton is a perfect town to have a ramada, lovely with it's tree lined streets and great walking. i'll be back ramada.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Barbara G
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

this hotel may be a bit old but it is well looked after and the staff were friendly.the pool was good and so was the slide.breakfast was good and we managed to fill the kids up .the rooms were equipped with coffee,microwave and fridge.the rooms were clean even thought the hotel was old looking .it was easy to find and near the shops and not far from the ring road ,,overall it was great value and we would stay there again .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brooks
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel however we thought it funny that there was no elevator to the second floor and of course, our room was on the second floor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Sorry you were disappointed about us not having an elevator. But being only 2 stories and 2 serperate buildings it is not required to have one. When people book that is one question that gets asked and we tell them so they request ground floor. We try to accomidate every guests requests unless we have extremely high occupancy that it is first come first served. This has been an issue from the day it was built. Sorry again for the inconvience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorkton
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Yorkton
Sigma Inns and Suites
Sigma Inns and Suites
#1 of 3 in Melville

Been to Ramada Yorkton? Share your experiences!