“Decent yet disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
MARTENSVILLE
“Decent yet disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Although the hotel was clean and quiet there is a distinct odour to the carpeting that clearly dates back to when I was a young man (too long ago). The beds were acceptable although the "new" comforters are very thin and poorly made. The bathrooms are being updated although one in our group ran out of hot water. The "Continental Breakfast " was very poor as the quality is of the no name variety and the plates were tiny as to encourage a miniature portion. The owners hovered constantly and did nothing to encourage or assist only patrol. Private ownership of a continental breakfast is unusual to say the least. The pool was ice cold for the kids and I would hesitate to stay again and am glad new establishments are opening in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michelle P, Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I'm sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. I have reviewed your claims of hot water and no one was informed of no hot water in that room. The pool is at the regulations of the 80 degree temperature its suppose to be. Again I am sorry that you didn't like your stay, I tried my best to accomidate everyone here at the last minute bookings and it seemed everyone was satisfied. When there is 80 rooms capicity it is hard to have everyone happy, sorry.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
YORKTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I would have to say at the very least the Yorkton Ramada needs some sprucing up.entering the lobby you will notice the flooring is very over used and dirty the halls are no better. the room was clean but the carpet and bed spread where out dated. I did notice the jaccuzzi jets where not clean the tub was clean but not the jet insets . the sweet I stayed in had two shower heads with separate taps that had not worked in the proper manner resulting in water burn , sorry to say my next romantic night will not be in the sweet at the Yorkton Ramada

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Sorry this room was not satisifactory. I like your comments though. This has what I needed to get a push to update and make this room a little more modern. We are in the mits of getting new bedding, window fixings, and a new paint job in this room. I am sorry again for the disappointment of your stay. If you think of us at all in the future, please don't hesitate to come and look at the room again and see if you like it to stay again in better conditions.
Edmonds, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hi all allow me to first give you the good :)
This is my third time here.
Diane is imho is a super amazing woman. Exceeds job expectations by far! She's super friendly and no generic insincere smile (I'm sure you all have encountered those that you get a sense that they are doing time) and most impressive is her empathy to the ugliness here that unfortunately takes away from the hotel and the ppl here. Class and grace can't help been amazed!! Housekeeping is amazing too, they didn't look like a deer caught in the headlights when asked for extra coffee. I got a "sure no problem how many do you need" sweet! :) maitence is awesome there was nothing wrong with my room but due to diabetes Im in need of a micro to keep my meals regular as possible. Patrick himself happily brought within ten minutes and asked for a extra blanket and that followed immediately after!!! :) Good job u guys!

Now the Ugly....

The Ramada offers a hot breakfast, one would think yipee... Trust me one would perfer a contential run by the Ramada than the humiliating experience of the restaurant.
It's degrading, it's not comfortable and one will leave hungry...

I asked for a stroform bowl plastic spoon for my own cereal. "no you cannot"! Not a sorry not a explanation. Just that. I was speechless.... Then whatTF... I was floored.
Breakfast on my first trip I had to work and thought ok just to grab a muffin to go. That's it... She stopped me like I was Making off with the safe. Holy. I literally had to give back to her. I work in med field as emergency respite and twelve hour shifts so that put me in a mood to say in the least. While you eat they monitor you. They actually come see how much egg you have... If u took more than two pieces of meat, muffins omg don't dare go there! They are an offensive rude bunch. So cheap one could litterally put a diamond in the behind of one and im sure they crap a diamond!! You cannot use micro, u cannot go back in to replenish a coffee if you made the mistake of forgetting yours in there. It's just crazy how degrading it is to eat there. Not to mention they keep their plates as big a a saucer for a tea party. Yup that big making multiple trips can be embarrassing! No reason to.

The Ramada has been trying to get rid of them... The poor front desk is in the front line of complaints and they have no say :( im hoping the union of Ramada finds enough to evict then because honestly they serve no purpose and leave one feeling hungry and humilated. The more support they have from their consumers the stronger the fight...
Lol well ppl my two cents.

In nut shell hats off to Ramada if you are a picky one but on a budget and love stellar service Here's a stop!
Breakfast... Good luck on that!

Please note: im only rating the hotel here. The personal of the people who run the restraunt is that of a tree toad.

Carrie Moravec

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle P, Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing Ramada Yorkton
I am Daniel, GM for the hotel.

We really appreciate your review on our hotel.
Positive review like what you said about the hotel which makes us proud.
That is how we got almost full marks for mystery shoppers.

How you reviewed each department I am sorry you had bad experience with the restaurant
As well you known, our restaurant has been leased out to another management since July 1, 2012.
We will keep discussing with restaurant manager to improve their service because that is still part of Ramada standards.
I wish it will be better service when you stay here next time.

Thank you.

Daniel
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The meeting room, smelled like smoke, and not like the kind coming off a person, but someone was smoking in the room, kind of smoke smell. Everything was old, grungy looking, and dark. Was not impressed with the service either. They did not have proper mix for drinks, no orange juice or sprite! Really? And I was directed to the wrong meeting room to start, how embarrassing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business